Zero to Sixty times

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Wait4it

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’ve got a long range all wheel drive non-performance model 3 that I picked up in September 2018. I’m excited that Tesla keeps updating the software and making my car quicker over the past year (original 0 to 60 time was 4.5 seconds I believe), but does anybody know exactly what the new 0 to 60 time is now? (After all the updates)

Wait4it

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for all the replies. I was kind of hoping one of their brilliant Tesla engineers would whip out a couple math equations real quick and let me know if I am now sub four seconds for 0 to 60. I’m thinking I’ve got to be pretty close or getting there in the next couple of updates? Sub four seconds does have a nice ring to it 😊

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for all the replies. I was kind of hoping one of their brilliant Tesla engineers would whip out a couple math equations real quick and let me know if I am now sub four seconds for 0 to 60. I’m thinking I’ve got to be pretty close or getting there in the next couple of updates? Sub four seconds does have a nice ring to it 😊
the 0-60 time is 4.159 in the Reddit post that @JWardell linked to. (at least as a single data point)
  • 0-60 mph decreased from 4.264s to 4.159s (-0.105s)

Wait4it

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Huh, that seems slow. I thought the LR RWD was already slightly under 5.0 before the .36 update.

Edit: Disregard, I see now that he was only at 70% charge for this test.
Ya, It seems like there’s so many variables in these tests that it’s really hard to confirm.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Huh, that seems slow. I thought the LR RWD was already slightly under 5.0 before the .36 update.

Edit: Disregard, I see now that he was only at 70% charge for this test.
LR RWD was 5.5 sec originally, then reduced to 5.0 in the first bump this spring. Need some warm weather to confirm it dropping into the 4.9s after the 36 update.

SimonMatthews

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
LR RWD was 5.5 sec originally, then reduced to 5.0 in the first bump this spring. Need some warm weather to confirm it dropping into the 4.9s after the 36 update.
There were some videos produced with the initial LR RWD cars that showed 0-60 times of about 4.5s, then a firmware update made it over 5 seconds.

zosoisnotaword

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Here's a 4.9 run on a wet road at 89%. Also, LR RWD was always advertised as 5 seconds. The standard range was initially advertised at 5.5 or maybe 5.4. But in the beginning some people were getting quicker times out of the first production models. I think the highest I saw was 4.66. Tesla definitely slowed it down some in an unpopular update (I felt it), and it may have been slower than 5.0 after that. But it's good to have some extra power back after the two 5% bumps.

Last edited:

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
5.5 sec when announced in 2016 and 5.1 sec at the delivery event in 2017, I think.
Here's a 4.9 run on a wet road at 89%. Also, LR RWD was always advertised as 5 seconds. The standard range was initially advertised at 5.5 or maybe 5.4. But in the beginning some people were getting quicker times out of the first production models. I think the highest I saw was 4.66. Tesla definitely slowed it down some in an unpopular update (I felt it), and it may have been slower than 5.0 after that. But it's good to have some extra power back after the two 5% bumps.

Sorry, yes, my bad memory. 5.1 was reduced to 5.0. There was plenty of chatter about nerfing in early 2018 but I never really saw scientific proof. So maybe we are now just back to where they were originally.

The reality is Tesla is dialing more precise control of the motors, as well as some intentional imprecise control to generate extra inefficient heat to warm the battery while driving for supercharging. Perhaps early on they were not as careful and experienced some failures and slowly found ways to bring it back more reliably. I would love to be a fly on the wall of their powertrain team (or you know...part of it)!

Nom

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks for making this thread. Was very curious about the 0-60 improvement for the LR AWD. Looks like it is a bit less than 4.2 seconds now. If folks see more data points pls post.

freaking awesome that the performance version is right near 3 flat.

This kind of speed for this priced car is Unreal.