Last edited by a moderator:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I updated your post. It’s a good share, but the tone and language was not necessary.

I don’t see what the issue is with this. They have inventory and want to crush Q3. They’re making it easier to get the cars out faster without having to send them all over the country and beyond.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Without a VIN, how are folks expected to bring third party financing?

This is pretty confusing. I have a delivery date. Now I can just pick up a (my?) car sooner?

Also, Sales is not available to answer the phone now.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Without a VIN, how are folks expected to bring third party financing?

This is pretty confusing. I have a delivery date. Now I can just pick up a (my?) car sooner?

Also, Sales is not available to answer the phone now.
The credit union that I am using for my wife’s car said they do not need the VIN.

Artdept

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Let me make this clear. We only will speak with you if you have cash in hand
We cannot go to the banks to get loans anymore and the Losn sharks are killing us. The surf board didn’t sell as well as we hoped. Working on more trinkets to sell but that will bring in only enough to pay 1 vp’s salary. We need more funds to keep apple from poching our people . We have all extra these cars , yeah some Were built too quick and didn’t pass QC . But they are better now and we can sell them . We promise to fix any issues latter. Just bring your cash and pick up a car and drive away.. come on you already waited 2 plus years for this.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Let me make this clear.
You've made it clear that you've gone all-in on the short-seller thesis. o_O

Let this be your warning - we're not going to tolerate people spreading FUD here. I'm going to assume that you are just frustrated with Tesla's terrible delivery process, and you're taking out your frustrations in this thread. If you want to discuss it, that's fine, but keep it civil.

Country
Country
I got that exact same email yesterday (9/7) around 5:45PM.
At first I thought maybe it was phishing. But all the links checked out and it sent me directly to Tesla.
So I went ahead and RSVP'd. At first I thought someone would contact me to schedule a time. But then I re-read it and realized I'm invited to show up anytime during the hours on the invite, once I've RSVP'd.

Yes, I do interpret this as they're now able to build cars faster than they can get them through all their most convenient delivery channels (i.e. service centers and home delivery.) One of my original emails that I got said that I qualified for "home delivery" which I thought was gonna be pretty cool and convenient. But given the choice to drive to Fremont today, or wait maybe a month to have the car delivered - hey, I can hop on the 880.

Further Edit: If you live or work in Silicon Valley, you're now seeing a LOT of M3s on the road. The place is crazy with them. So it wouldn't surprise me if half or more of them have been delivered through that big Fremont Delivery Center.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I am here today and they let you pick a car from the lot and it's yours. They couldn't match my order because I want EAP and none of the cars here have it, but I asked and they installed it, other than that they had exactly what I wanted. It's mostly performance models though. VINs in the 55xxx range.

Edit: forgot to mention - everyone is super polite and helpful. Fantastic experience.

I am here today and they let you pick a car from the lot and it's yours. They couldn't match my order because I want EAP and none of the cars here have it, but I asked and they installed it, other than that they had exactly what I wanted. It's mostly performance models though. VINs in the 55xxx range.

Edit: forgot to mention - everyone is super polite and helpful. Fantastic experience.
wow, thanks for the info, been stressing all morning if i should make the drive up to fremont from san luis obispo having to call in sick ( i work on sundays). going to wait for my sept 21 date to get exacly what I want. I doubt they'll have a silver metallic, awd, white interior, 19in, eap sitting around, I gather that's not a common config.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I am not sure what they have... Still here waiting to sign the documents, and now there is a big line of people who didn't get their order matched and now Tesla is trying different configs with them to see if they like something that is available right now.also apparently the big parking lot here is only part of the cars they have, they said they have more lots with cars .so chances are they might have it but unless you are versatile on your config I think it's wiser to wait.

I am not sure what they have... Still here waiting to sign the documents, and now there is a big line of people who didn't get their order matched and now Tesla is trying different configs with them to see if they like something that is available right now.also apparently the big parking lot here is only part of the cars they have, they said they have more lots with cars .so chances are they might have it but unless you are versatile on your config I think it's wiser to wait.
I'm afraid of being versatile lol. I've always hated going to car lots and having to pick what they have not what I want. I know if i make the 3 hour drive i'm not going home empty handed. Plus wife is out of town and she would want to be there. Would be fun to surprise her with a red performance hehe.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I got the invite and visited the event just now. A brilliant marketing ploy to identify truly interested customers as well as upsell (Most models are Performance). People are very nice. I did not get what I want yet (M3, Blue, LR AWD) but have been promised a text message if they find one today.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Too good to be true. I suspected they couldn't possibly have everyone's exact configuration just sitting in a lot. The email could have been written to better reflect this:

"Come to an exclusive delivery event and pick a car off our lot with hundreds of other excited soon-to-be Tesla owners in this twist on the traditional car dealership experience."

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got the invite and visited the event just now. A brilliant marketing ploy to identify truly interested customers as well as upsell (Most models are Performance). People are very nice. I did not get what I want yet (M3, Blue, LR AWD) but have been promised a text message if they find one today.
Interesting point. Performance is the top end of the car price chain and maybe they built more than national orders reflect. You may have figured out part of the plan.

Also, there are 3 more weeks left in the third quarter. No doubt moving cars across the country means many of these may not be sold by Sept. 30. Hello Wall Street.