You You Xue

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylorSMarks

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
You You Xue claimed in the Tesla Model 3 Facebook Group (private) that he was assigned VIN 20XX. He didn't provide any proof of that, but he has previously posted videos of himself configuring his car + of his email inviting him to configure, so no reason to not believe him.

Edit: Good lord the way these forums handles links is annoying. Can't a link ever just be a link? Need it always insert a broken widget when I try to share a link to something?

Guess I'll have to change the URL in some stupid ways to stop that from happening:

www facebook com groups TeslaMotorsModel3 permalink 881610822016778

Insert https:// at the start, . between www, facebook, and com, then a forward slash between the remaining items, plus at the end. Facebook should prompt you to apply to join the group if you're not already in it. Once an admin approves your application to join (they normally do that within a day or two) the url should would for you.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You You Xue claimed in the Tesla Model 3 Facebook Group (private) that he was assigned VIN 20XX. He didn't provide any proof of that, but he has previously posted videos of himself configuring his car + of his email inviting him to configure, so no reason to not believe him.

Was he the guy that showed the Aero covers being removed from HIS car and some think it wasn't his?

TaylorSMarks

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Was he the guy that showed the Aero covers being removed from HIS car and some think it wasn't his?
He's not an employee and hasn't received his car yet (just his invite to configure and his VIN). He may have shared a video of someone else having their covers removed. Honestly, I find him annoying and ignored him as best I could up until he received his invite to configure and seems to be the most willing to share details about it.

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
He's not an employee and hasn't received his car yet (just his invite to configure and his VIN). He may have shared a video of someone else having their covers removed. Honestly, I find him annoying and ignored him as best I could up until he received his invite to configure and seems to be the most willing to share details about it.
Yes, he's legit. He had an Electrek article about his config.

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@LUXMAN is talking about him making a youtube video tearing into a strangers car and claiming it was his own back in august or september.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Maybe. But in the past he claimed that he had already taken delivery of a Model 3. I no longer trust anything he posts.
Ref: https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/base-wheels-w-o-aero-wheel-covers.4923/page-2#post-45190
Fair, but in that FB group he's creating a route looping around the US, asking re people's interest, and offering test drives for $10. If he doesn't have a reservation or config, why would he go to the trouble to do all the work? I guess I could dream up a couple reasons, but you'd have to have a lot of free time on your hands to do noting but mess with people and/or are just a "Like" junkie.

TaylorSMarks

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Maybe. But in the past he claimed that he had already taken delivery of a Model 3. I no longer trust anything he posts.
Ref: https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/base-wheels-w-o-aero-wheel-covers.4923/page-2#post-45190
Ah. Well, I'll trust him with this.

But he's also offered to give test rides in his car for $10 each, and says he'll donate any profits to charity. While I trust the car will really be his like he says, and he'll really give rides in exchange for $10, I'm skeptical he'll really donate any profits to charity. At the same time, I want to ride in the car, and $10 isn't much, so do I really care if he's a liar about what he'll do with the money? It's his and he's "earned it" (I mean, any other owner could have made the same offer, but he's the only one actually offering.)

McHoffa

EV.network
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ah. Well, I'll trust him with this.

But he's also offered to give test rides in his car for $10 each, and says he'll donate any profits to charity. While I trust the car will really be his like he says, and he'll really give rides in exchange for $10, I'm skeptical he'll really donate any profits to charity. At the same time, I want to ride in the car, and $10 isn't much, so do I really care if he's a liar about what he'll do with the money? It's his and he's "earned it" (I mean, any other owner could have made the same offer, but he's the only one actually offering.)
He's also doing a road trip around the entire country starting in January. He's stopping about an hour from me, but I asked him to stop at the supercharger that's 20 minutes away instead.

TaylorSMarks

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
except the actual VIN, which is odd considering he has shared pictures of things from other people's Model 3s
Given he'll be driving around the US giving 800 people insane Tesla fans/enthusiasts rides for $10 a pop, seems inevitable that someone is going to post what his VIN is.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If I see him, I’ll rip off his aero covers like he did in that video of someone else’s Model 3.

I’m just kidding, I’d likely fork over $10 graciously and get a ride in the You You Mobile!

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I’ve PM’d him on FB Messenger and we’re comparing notes on our configuration experiences, times, dates, addresses, etc. He knows enough to confirm that he is legit.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Fair, but in that FB group he's creating a route looping around the US, asking re people's interest, and offering test drives for $10.
Hope he gets enough test drives to at least cover the cost of Supercharging (if his goal is to make money on this venture). ;)

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve PM’d him on FB Messenger and we’re comparing notes on our configuration experiences, times, dates, addresses, etc. He knows enough to confirm that he is legit.
I just find it funny that after months of badgering other people for their RN numbers, VIN's and touching other's personal property, he doesn't post his own VIN in full. Suddenly privacy is a thing for him. :rolleyes:

TaylorSMarks

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I just find it funny that after months of badgering other people for their RN numbers, VIN's and touching other's personal property, he doesn't post his own VIN in full. Suddenly privacy is a thing for him. :rolleyes:
Perhaps he won’t care once the car is delivered. Maybe he’s worried they’ll withhold it if he shares his VIN before that.

Or he’s a hypocrite. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.