Yolandi: garsh's Performance Model 3

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Fast Wheels FC04's are 18x8, which is a half-inch narrower than stock (18x8.5).
The tires are 245/45R18, which is a little wider than stock (235/45R18).

That decision appears to have been a wise one. I had parked in an "end" space today, next to a curb. I had a brain fart and forgot that there was a curb beside me when I left. The right rear tire hit the curb as I was pulling out. I checked it over when I got home, and I couldn't find a single scratch on the wheel. I was so relieved and happy. :)

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I made Yolandi suffer a little today.
But she still made it 30 miles to work.... barely.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That was too close. I think the energy graph is fairly accurate during driving.
I know I use 10-12% in order to get to work, depending on my speed.
So I charged to 16% before going to bed.
But with the little "snowflake" locking up some of the battery energy, it reported 12% left when I left for work.
And I left the heater on for the trip, so that zapped quite a bit more.

But I drove a Nissan Leaf for 6 years, and regularly arrived at work with less than 4 miles of range remaining, so this is a walk-in-the-park for me. :D

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
MOAR POWR!!!!!!

I had to get a little creative with the installation in order to run the cable across the ceiling to the back of the garage.
A quick test confirms the awesome charging rate!

48A nice.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I made Yolandi suffer a little today.
But she still made it 30 miles to work.... barely.

You love tempting fate and I remember your stories about the Leaf and taking it down to 0.

Hell I thought I might try out a J1772 for the first time today and charge at work. My car was down to 87 miles range, but the other was charged up. My partner freaked out and said I'd be cutting it too close (I use about 50 -55 miles of range round trip). So we traded for the day. I really think it was just because I had washed mine and his was dirty. I drove the dirty car.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
MOAR POWR!!!!!!

I had to get a little creative with the installation in order to run the cable across the ceiling to the back of the garage.
A quick test confirms the awesome charging rate!

Creative indeed. However, my brain can’t wrap itself around the connector picture — I need some orientation. Where is it mounted - floor, ceiling, closet?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Creative indeed. However, my brain can’t wrap itself around the connector picture — I need some orientation. Where is it mounted - floor, ceiling, closet?
It is mounted on a wall, up high close to the ceiling, between an I-beam that runs the length of the garage, a furnace vent that runs parallel to it, and above the old kitchen cabinets that I had mounted against the back wall.

In the picture below, you can see the 240v outlet that I still use for the Leaf, and another electrical box whose 240v line was re-routed to the wall connector's location.