y suspension

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That would be an entirely subjective call. For me, no way.

I'm not really find of riding in a yacht.

DayTrippin

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
I am looking at buying an MYP and can't say I was impressed with the suspension. Harsh does not equal sporty. You can have relatively well controlled suspension on a sport car that doesn't kick up over every sharp bump. If I buy either the MYP or M3P, I'll likely invest in MPP coilovers. I recently rode in an M3P with the sport ones and they performed better and rode better. So I am sold on the idea for sure. Not sure it is really worth 3k to me but at the same time, it was probably the biggest issue I had with the car when test driving it. Pretty good on smooth roads but hit the expansion joints, road construction areas, and crappy pavement and it wasn't well composed over the bumps and transmitted a lot of impact to the rest of the car from the really heavy wheels. Going to a lighter set of wheels would help out in a lot of areas. It could improve performance and ride quality. If you aren't familiar with a lot of unsprung mass and its bad effects, just google or bing it.

DeaneG

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have a Model 3 and the harsh suspension has been increasingly bothering me. From a test drive of the Y, it's the same. I rode in another's modified Y with Unplugged Performance's coilover kit and felt the ride was much more composed. Not at all boat-like, just not jittery. Unplugged's kit includes rebound-only adjustment. MPP dampers have both compression and rebound adjustments and would probably be the kit I'd consider.

CFish

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Anyone know where to get Unplugged's kit installed in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area?