• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Can anyone advise? I took delivery of my new Model 3 in London 10 days ago. I didn't really check the vehicle very carefully at the time, mea culpa, but the car is trouble-free and drives wonderfully.
So far so good. But it has been pointed out to me that my so-called Performance model (ordered and paid for as such) does not have Performance brakes, spoiler, track mode etc. It has a 300miles range to be sure, it says Dual Motor on the back, but seems to be the Long range version, which I had originally tried to order, only to be told that it wasn't available in the UK but that I could have the Performance model at the same price.

So what have I got here? If it' s LR I have paid too much, I think If Performance it lacks features.

I have called Tesla over & over, been left on hold for 90 minutes without an answer. I have emailed the delivery people twice without response.

Can anyone advise on
1: should this ca have the features mentioned?
2. How can I contact Tesla (not via their Customer Service number, it's never answered!) if not? Any help/advice very much appreciated.

I am out of the country on a booked holiday shortly for 2 weeks, and it will be almost a month after delivery before I get back, so I don't want Tesla saying I have left things too long!
9046006@gmail.com, +44 (0)7950 792606.

Griff

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When you click the T at the top of the screen, it will tell you the model and variant that you have. Also, on the back of the car, the word Dual Motor will have a red underline in the performance model. Lastly, I'm not sure of where, but somewhere in the menu you'll find "track mode" in the performance model. There were some performance cars sold in the US without the "performance package". In other words, same wheels, brakes suspension and lack of spoiler like the LR, but with the acceleration and track mode of the Performance model. I hope this helps.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thank you Griff, for a helpful and very swift message. It does have the red unerline at rhe back and also on the T screen. But track mode is greyed out in the menu, and it lacks the red performance brakes and different wheels I understood were part of the performance package I thought I had paid for. There's

Is there anyone out there who knows how I can get to speak to someone at Tesla, preferably in London? All I want is an explanation of just what I have here and if it's correct!

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’ve heard of Performance models shipping without the spoiler, but not without the brake package. Is there some transport or import rule in the UK that might prevent them from including the brake package or turning on track mode at delivery?

The delivery agent generally drops off the face of the Earth once the car is delivered. You should probably go through the Service Center, they might be able to officially inspect the car and arrange everything for you. Use the app or visit the SC in person.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sounds like you might have one of those fabled "decontented" Performance Model 3s? Did you get the 20" wheels with the car or the smaller wheels?

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Once more many thanks. If only Tesla were half as helpful as you lot!
The wheels measure 19.5", which I take to be a nominal 20. What conclusion should i draw from that?

Spiffywerks

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What is your VIN without the last 7 numbers? We can probably deduce your model easier with that. Or if you could post a copy of your sales order, just black out VIN and other personal info.

If all else fails, talk to Tesla. If the service center is not too far, I’d take it in to them.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
First, write Tesla a registered letter detailing your concerns and your inability to reach them(since you can't go see them face-to-face right now).

Second, when you get home, do a 0-60 acceleration test. If you're close to 3 seconds, you've got a mis-packaged Performance. If it's considerably slower, it isn't a P.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What is your VIN without the last 7 numbers? We can probably deduce your model easier with that. Or if you could post a copy of your sales order, just black out VIN and other personal info.

If all else fails, talk to Tesla. If the service center is not too far, I’d take it in to them.

VIN is
5YJ3F7EB8KF4****** Does that help? Pic of wheel attached too, 19.5" which I assume is nominally 20.

Attachments

TrevP

Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
VIN is
5YJ3F7EB8KF4****** Does that help? Pic of wheel attached too, 19.5" which I assume is nominally 20.
Those wheels (18" tires) are a dead giveaway you have the non "performance upgrade package" version of the Performance Model 3 that was offered for a short while

https://electrek.co/2019/07/18/tesla-model-3-performance-less-50000-features/

You will not have these features which are part of the PUP

• 20” Performance Wheels
  • Performance Brakes
  • Carbon fiber spoiler
  • Lowered suspension
  • Aluminum alloy pedals
  • Increased top speed from 145mph to 155mph (now 162 mph)
  • Track mode
You officially have a unicorn @AdrianLevine !

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yup, performance without performance package.
With a delivery 10 days ago? This package has not been offered for some months now, to the best of my knowledge. Where have they been hiding it? @AdrianLevine, one more clue please, could you tell us the next three digits of the VIN and/or the build date(shown inside drivers door)

TrevP

Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
With a delivery 10 days ago? This package has not been offered for some months now, to the best of my knowledge. Where have they been hiding it? @AdrianLevine, one more clue please, could you tell us the next three digits of the VIN and/or the build date(shown inside drivers door)
He's in the UK, takes time to ship cars over there

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
He's in the UK, takes time to ship cars over there
5YJ3F7EB8KF426, is the VIN minus last 3 digits.
It was ordered way back, mid May I think. Delivery has been very slow, final delivery date 15th August at Tesla Heathrow. 197 Horton Road West Drayton, Middlesex UB7 8JD . Well behind thr US but only to be expected.

So the consensus is that it's performance minus the goodies? Not quite what I was expecting, it feels sneaky of Tesla to move the goalposts like this.
My other question is how on earth do I contact Tesla? They don't seem to answer the phone, nor respond to emails. I can just turn up there in person of course, but it's a nuisance, time-consuming & inconvenient. Is there a number or an email anyone knows? Or a way to find/contact the CEO, not Musk, but there must be a head of car divison, or UK sales or something. It's all horribly opaque.
{mod edit for formatting|}

Last edited by a moderator:

TrevP

Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
How did you order the car? Through the configurator or in a Tesla showroom/phone?
The only way I'm aware of being able to order the config you had was to call / visit them and specifically ask for it since it was "off-menu" because of the special price.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
How did you order the car? Through the configurator or in a Tesla showroom/phone?
The only way I'm aware of being able to order the config you had was to call / visit them and specifically ask for it since it was "off-menu" because of the special price.
I
BTW some people call these Stealth Performance - the zoom you need but not obvious from the outside..
I ordered online. I wanted the LR , but it said (as I recall) that it wasn'r being offered in the UL, thohgh no reason given, but offered the Performance as an alternative at the same price. I had no idea it was anyhting but the Performance advertised at the time, ie with the PUP (at least as I thought) which is why I feel cheated. I defintely didn't ask for this configuration because I didn't know it existed.

gary in NY

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Did you actually pay the full performance price? The P3D without the performance upgrade would have been a lower price. If you paid full price, Tesla needs to set things straight.

Did you have any conversations with reps that could have been misunderstood (particularly because you said you wanted the LR), and therefore your order changed?

BTW, I like the stealth P3D. I don't even have the Dual Motor badge on my M3D (non-performance) - But I would want those brake calipers.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Did you actually pay the full performance price? The P3D without the performance upgrade would have been a lower price. If you paid full price, Tesla needs to set things straight.

Did you have any conversations with reps that could have been misunderstood (particularly because you said you wanted the LR), and therefore your order changed?

BTW, I like the stealth P3D. I don't even have the Dual Motor badge on my M3D (non-performance) - But I would want those brake calipers.
I like the brake calipers too, very stylish. I paid between £49 & £50k, the price didn't change. But who knows what the price "is", it's been a moving target. I paid what I expected to, but didn't get what I expected to. That's the nub of it. And I want to discuss with tesla in order to understand. It may be fine, but I need to KNOW

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I like the brake calipers too, very stylish. I paid between £49 & £50k, the price didn't change.
If you ordered a base-color car with black interior and no Autopilot upgrades, then that's the correct price they're charging for a Performance car with all of the performance goodies.
But if you got any options, like another color, white interior, or EAP/FSD, then you may have been charged the correct price for a "Stealth Performance".

This really is a "unicorn". If you can talk Tesla into just giving you some cash back, I strongly urge you to consider keeping it. It's the ultimate "sleeper". :cool: