Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone considering wrapping their 3s? If so, what color do you have in mind?

I posted this on Reddit earlier today, but didn't have time to post it here:

I've considered ordering black and having it wrapped in a different color, like a British racing green or something unique like that. But I think I've finally settled on getting white.

rxlawdude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just don't get the whole wrapping idea. And for goshsakes, who wants a matte finish? It looks like it's waiting for a paint job.
(OK, I'm a wrapping Luddite. I admit it.)

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Black with red looks amazing, but I don't want to maintain a black car; light color will hide imperfections so much better.

RunCycle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We talked about this to get a royal purple car and discovered wrapping is roughly $4-5k and only lasts 5 years, so we decided to go with Midnight Silver, and then Blue, and then Midnight Silver. (We are indecisive because we don't really LOVE any of the colors.)

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We talked about this to get a royal purple car and discovered wrapping is roughly $4-5k and only lasts 5 years, so we decided to go with Midnight Silver, and then Blue, and then Midnight Silver. (We are indecisive because we don't really LOVE any of the colors.)
The 3 so deserves a much expanded color palette to chose from.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Bright sunflower yellow wrap and paint the aero wheels to be white daisies with yellow centers. And no, not kidding. Just don’t have the guts to do it.:rolleyes:

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bright sunflower yellow wrap and paint the aero wheels to be white daisies with yellow centers. And no, not kidding. Just don’t have the guts to do it.:rolleyes:
So, I drove up to the Phoenix delivery center yesterday to see all the colors and while there I made a remark that I wished it came in Yellow. Well, last night I found this and OMG I so want this color but I wish Tesla would offer it......

Yellow 3.jpg

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
So, I drove up to the Phoenix delivery center yesterday to see all the colors and while there I made a remark that I wished it came in Yellow. Well, last night I found this and OMG I so want this color but I wish Tesla would offer it......

View attachment 5645
Love this!!! And yeah wish Tesla offered this color. My new dream car is the Roadster V.20 in yellow. :D

Surprised at the wrap price of this 3 though! The owner of the car said it cost $2,000 (saw his Reddit post), which is crazy cheap IMO. I know a guy who had his 3 wrapped and it cost seven grand. I guess that's the Bay Area prices coming into play.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Love this!!! And yeah wish Tesla offered this color. My new dream car is the Roadster V.20 in yellow. :D

Surprised at the wrap price of this 3 though! The owner of the car said it cost $2,000 (saw his Reddit post), which is crazy cheap IMO. I know a guy who had his 3 wrapped and it cost seven grand. I guess that's the Bay Area prices coming into play.
Oh man, I didn't even think about the new Roadster in that color. That would really look awesome! I would even consider having my Model 3 painted this color for what some charge to do a full wrap. I think a lot of the cost variation is down to the quality of the work done, some shops disassemble quite a bit of the car and others do not. For $2,000 that one looks pretty good but I wonder about the quality close up.