Wrap Aero Wheel?

Thomas Mikl

Country
Country
I am thinking of getting the aero wheel and simply wrap it.
Anyone thinking along those lines too? What wrap would you do?
I saw 3M offers things like carbon fibre (with texture), chrome variants, brushed metal,...

Since you can take the cover off, it should be simple to wrap the cover and re-fit it.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, it will be very easy for aftermarket companies to offer vinyl customizations for the UWC. It doesn't even have to cover the entire thing, for example expanding the spokes like was shown on the wheels at the original introduction. No doubt someone will eventually be selling new looks for your wheels on ebay for $20

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I wouldn't wrap them. Easier to sand them and have them painted. Tesla charges $3000 just for grey 19" wheels which is just obscene.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm pretty sure I like the anthracite color, but FWIW if anything I would dip them. I did this to my last set of snow tires when I could only find silver rims on tire rack when I really wanted black or grey. Took a half hour even in cold temps and after four seasons that plasti dip has no issues. Then again, a vinyl wrap will let you do fun things like flowers
:rolleyes:

Thomas Mikl

Country
Country
I have plasti dipped the back of my ipad, 2 sets of motorcycle rims and an old worn out bookshelf now.

Plastidip just works great and is easy as cake, just watch a few instruction videos and you can do it yourself easily.
I will surely plasti dip my aero covers.