Would you cancel your Model ≡ reservation for a Bolt/Ampera-e ?

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Greetings Guest!

Welcome to TOO! Since you're new here please please take some time to review the Forum Rules and thanks for joining!

Would you cancel your Model 3 reservation for the Chevrolet Bolt?

• Yes

• No, not only no...but HECK NO!

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

InElonWeTrust

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will start off my stating my very strong and clear answer of NO DAMN WAY! Now, moving on from there, would you cancel yours? Let's forget that it is a compliance vehicle, only available in two states at launch, the way GM has been so anti Tesla with their legislative shenanigans, Bob Lutz dissing Tesla, etc. Leaving all feelings out and just basing your vote on the car itself.

Looking forward to your replies.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
If there was no other car to chose from then yes but honestly I prefer the BMW i3. I know, the looks are polarizing, but I happen to like BMWs a lot and the i3 represent a true departure in terms of design and technology. Those things spin my propeller :)

If only it had 200+ miles of range...

InElonWeTrust

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If there was no other car to chose from then yes but honestly I prefer the BMW i3. I know, the looks are polarizing, but I happen to like BMWs a lot and the i3 represent a true departure in terms of design and technology. Those things spin my propeller :)

Agree, if I were in need of a short team lease while I await my 3, I'd also go I3. Or maybe I8? :D

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Hands down would take an i3 over a Bolt for it's style alone. It has some. The bolt does not. I'm not revolted at the look of the i3 on the road. the bolt... we shall see, but it's ICE equivalent that I have seen in the next lane on the freeways is not pretty.

I have zero interest in the Bolt (even working in one of the cities that it's initially being sold in, supposedly.) ZERO. I didn't put a Model ☰ reservation down because I 'needed' to buy a new car. I have a few sitting around that do the job. I reserved a Model ☰ because I've been waiting for Tesla's Gen 3 car since way back when. GM slapping together random parts with the help of LG isn't going to sway me at all.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For myself? Never! I'm definitely buying a Model 3 and will keep it a long long time.
For my wife? Just 5 more years till her retirement. Maybe lease a i3 with range, or buy a small second hand ICE.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Not a chance. Like most of y'all who already responded, if Model ≡ wasn't around, I would rather buy the (new) i3, with the hope its design is somewhat more aesthetically pleasing! :)

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will start off my stating my very strong and clear answer of NO DAMN WAY! Now, moving on from there, would you cancel yours? Let's forget that it is a compliance vehicle, only available in two states at launch, the way GM has been so anti Tesla with their legislative shenanigans, Bob Lutz dissing Tesla, etc. Leaving all feelings out and just basing your vote on the car itself.

Looking forward to your replies.
The Bolt EV is a very well made vehicle and is a fit for many people.

Not me, and I answered this in my article on my blog from a few months ago...

Frankly, I find the Bolt EV to be a better fit for my mother, but she declined and kept her Model 3 reservation (BOTH of them. ;))

Steve C

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Wow. If the Model 3 didn't exist, I would definitely get a Bolt before another Leaf or i3.

You people are crazy. :D
I just think it would take longer to get the Bolt than the waiting time for the Model 3. (If there was someone really thinking of changing over because they are 'currently delivering' Which they really are not.

Steve C

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Hands down would take an i3 over a Bolt for it's style alone. It has some. The bolt does not. I'm not revolted at the look of the i3 on the road. the bolt... we shall see, but it's ICE equivalent that I have seen in the next lane on the freeways is not pretty.

I have zero interest in the Bolt (even working in one of the cities that it's initially being sold in, supposedly.) ZERO. I didn't put a Model ☰ reservation down because I 'needed' to buy a new car. I have a few sitting around that do the job. I reserved a Model ☰ because I've been waiting for Tesla's Gen 3 car since way back when. GM slapping together random parts with the help of LG isn't going to sway me at all.
Good point on the LG comment. They just mentioned today that they would be launching several new electric vehicles using the Bolt platform. Does that mean that LG will be building these ones as well? Might as well call it an LG, not a Chev.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've come around a bit on the stylings of the Leaf and the Bolt. If the Model3 wasn't on the horizon I might consider it but neither give me the passion for the brand and design that I get with Tesla. I'd not be excited and giddy to get a Bolt. It'd just be an A-B. If it was more of a typical car design I may be tempted but the econobox is something all the rich kids whos parents bought them a new car before going off to college drove(10 yrs ago) and I can't shake that sensation.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If the Model 3 didn't exist, I would definitely get a Bolt before another Leaf or i3.
Actually, I take that back. If the Model 3 didn't exist, I would wait until Tesla started offering self-driving, and then figure out how to afford a base Model S with full autonomy as the only upgrade.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Actually, I take that back. If the Model 3 didn't exist, I would wait until Tesla started offering self-driving, and then figure out how to afford a base Model S with full autonomy as the only upgrade.
Glad to see you've come to your senses... ;)
What happened?

GDinATL

Country
Country
NO WAY. First of all the Bolt will not be available in GA until mid-late summer. I really hope that the M3 will be here only a month or two later!

Like most of you said - if there was no other choice the Bolt may be the best under $40k EV out there. Not exciting -- but heck, I drive a Leaf today so my standards are not that high! I WANT MY M3

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
The i3 is a really fun car and very sturdy with its CRPF life module. It has a lot of space and great visibility. Also the technology features are great. I have the original one with about 80 mile range. When the lease is up, it is going back. I just am tired of the limited range. It will be great to have range above 200 miles with the model 3 especially in the winter. Hopefully I'll just have to be without an EV for 8ish months.

For a second car, a used 2015 i3 for shorter journies is a great choice.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Of course I would never cancel my Model 3 reservation for a Bolt. What a preposterous question!
But I maybe could get a Ampera-E as our second car ... if it weren't an Opel, a make I fundamentally detest, for always bringing design wise unimaginative and technologically incredibly dull cars. That the Ampera (Volt) and Ampere-E (Bolt) do stand out, doesn't compensate that.