Wives’ tastes in cars

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ok here it goes...
(...) My wife did not like the car at all. I guess I’m glad I didn’t put in a second reservation :)

f73b3312-c4a1-4aea-9cd8-1243a32b5d66-jpeg.4628

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
your wife sounds like a spoil-sport ;)

still jealous of her dyson supersonic though....
The exact quote...

“It looks no different than our current car [Hyundai Sonata]”.

Important to note she is not and never has been a car person though she has eyes for Model X right now.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Ok here it goes...

Nice guys (2 of them). They really talk the car down. They say Autopilot is “crap” compared to S/X. It was a bit odd to be honest as they have no reason to upsell since they’re not selling anything. Also take that with a grain of salt as they said AP 2 in the S is better than AP1.

I will be going Midnight Silver for sure. I wasn’t feeling the white in the partial sun/cloud cover. Plus those bugs on the front... yikes!

My wife did not like the car at all. I guess I’m glad I didn’t put in a second reservation :)

View attachment 4608 View attachment 4609 View attachment 4610 View attachment 4611
@SoFlaModel3,

I was going to ask what she didn’t like but you answered above! I see she likes the X, does she like the Model S? I guess more drive time for you in the Model 3.....no competition in your household!

Ski

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@SoFlaModel3,

I was going to ask what she didn’t like but you answered above! I see she like she the X, does she like the Model S? I guess more drive time for you in the Model 3.....no competition in your household!

Ski
She has decent seat time in the passenger seat of my dad’s S now. Hard to say. I don’t think she likes it either. The X catches her eye though. Good news for me — we don’t share my car ever. She drives hers and I drive both. Usually when we go out I’m driving regardless of which car, so she just prefers to be a passenger.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The exact quote...

“It looks no different than our current car [Hyundai Sonata]”.

Important to note she is not and never has been a car person though she has eyes for Model X right now.
Ouch! I mean, the Sonata is not a bad vehicle at all (sister car to my Optima I believe) but still, ouch.
(...)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I would be so happy if my wife didn’t like the 3! But I’m pretty sure we will be fighting over who takes it to work each day.
(...)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I would be so happy if my wife didn’t like the 3! But I’m pretty sure we will be fighting over who takes it to work each day.
(...)
This just happened yesterday... for wifey...

dbb264ea-c932-44e6-8d59-27dc19aa9183-jpeg.4627

Guess who will be begging to get to drive it -even if occasionally - until Midnight S≡R≡NITY gets here... in 15-18 months?! o_O

Ok here it goes...

Nice guys (2 of them). They really talk the car down. They say Autopilot is “crap” compared to S/X. It was a bit odd to be honest as they have no reason to upsell since they’re not selling anything. Also take that with a grain of salt as they said AP 2 in the S is better than AP1.

I will be going Midnight Silver for sure. I wasn’t feeling the white in the partial sun/cloud cover. Plus those bugs on the front... yikes!

My wife did not like the car at all. I guess I’m glad I didn’t put in a second reservation :)

View attachment 4608 View attachment 4609 View attachment 4610 View attachment 4611
SoFla3: What didn't your wife like about TM3?

JBsC6

Country
Country
Some women or rather people are kill joys..,

Don't buy the car if it's going to piss your wife off...not worth the headache...

If she is just not interested? Well good luck in that marriage..,

How often does your wife show you a new dress or shoes or whatever and you could really care less but you act excited...?

Turnabout is fair play...

Imo if you dig the car...a good wife would at least pretend to be interested..lol for 45 minutes .. ;)

Just as a courtesy ...

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Some women or rather people are kill joys..,

Don't buy the car if it's going to piss your wife off...not worth the headache...

If she is just not interested? Well good luck in that marriage..,

How often does your wife show you a new dress or shoes or whatever and you could really care less but you act excited...?

Turnabout is fair play...

Imo if you dig the car...a good wife would at least pretend to be interested..lol for 45 minutes .. ;)

Just as a courtesy ...
So to clarify (and be fair), she has heard me talk non-stop about this car for 20+ months, so she put in the time. She doesn't mind me getting the car at all and she won't mind being in it as a passenger either. She just doesn't see the big deal (hype) with it, but again she's not a car person at all.

She's a "bag lady" and that hurts more than car payments :eek::eek::eek:

JBsC6

Country
Country
In the land of immediate gratification 20 months is a very long time..

Projecting balance is always important even though many of us are extreme car or electric car enthusiasts...lol

She sounds cool...good luck...and definitely buy some bag she is dreaming of when your car comes in to share happiness.