Wipers squeak now

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The last update makes my wipers go all the way down, rather than staying up on window. This makes the blades rub terribly on the plastic surrounding the windshield base. I think this would be great in winter as it would scrape off ice buildup, but sucks during rain.

Anyone else notice this with latest update?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No, mine remain on the glass. Strange that yours would change.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m on 2019.20.4.2 and have not experienced that and we’ve seen a lot of rain this past weekend

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The last update makes my wipers go all the way down, rather than staying up on window. This makes the blades rub terribly on the plastic surrounding the windshield base. I think this would be great in winter as it would scrape off ice buildup, but sucks during rain.

Anyone else notice this with latest update?
Clarify, 'all the way down' as in 'below the hood for aerodynamics' or 'literally off the windshield'? If riding up on the plastic regularly then it's calibrated incorrectly.

Mine's always retracted below the lip of the hood for aero when not in use. I have noticed once where it only went halfway between 'up idle' and 'stowed'. The next time I powered the car it went back down all the way to 'stowed'.

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Clarify, 'all the way down' as in 'below the hood for aerodynamics' or 'literally off the windshield'? If riding up on the plastic regularly then it's calibrated incorrectly.

Mine's always retracted below the lip of the hood for aero when not in use. I have noticed once where it only went halfway between 'up idle' and 'stowed'. The next time I powered the car it went back down all the way to 'stowed'.
When the wipers are on, they go down to the stowed location every swipe.

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It does look like maybe calibration needed? They do go very slightly lower in stowed position. I am fairly certain it use to be obvious.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I have noticed that for the past couple of month intermittently. They sometimes work fine and sometimes squeak. Often they start squeaking after working for awhile and I've had it stop too. I thought it was the blade not flipping back nd forth properly