Wiper fluid

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can someone recommend a decent wiper fluid to use, preferably with a link. I’ve read Tesla had some restrictions on the types used.

Thanks
you just don't want to use the ones with the additives Rain-X or ones with specific for preventing bugs from sticking or things like that. those are designed to leave a film on the glass - but also tend to gunk up the nozzles. just use a typical (cheap) washer fluid - or if you already have ONR to wash your car, you can use that as well if above freezing temps.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
you just don't want to use the ones with the additives Rain-X or ones with specific for preventing bugs from sticking or things like that. those are designed to leave a film on the glass - but also tend to gunk up the nozzles. just use a typical (cheap) washer fluid - or if you already have ONR to wash your car, you can use that as well if above freezing temps.
From someone who had to clean that mess up once in my last car...don't ever use wiper fluid with additives.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From someone who had to clean that mess up once in my last car...don't ever use wiper fluid with additives.
Funny you both say that (and I've heard from others), but I have used RainX bug fluid for as long as I remember ... 10+ years and never had an issue.