Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Performance + M3 in Minnesota here. We went with a set of 19" Braelin BR-09, with 4 porsche spec Pirelli Sottozeros, and used 3mm spacers. They are working great so far and i think the wheels look very good on the car.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

FYI, there is no reason to be afraid of spacers as long as you have enough thread engagement. 3mm spacers still allow for more than enough in this application because it's no different than having the non-performance upgrade rotors (thicker hats). I would highly doubt they have different lug nuts for peformance upgrade cars vs standard brakes. I also counted turns of engagement and it's plenty. I've run 30mm spacers on a racecar for 8 years, never had a wheel bearing fail, much less a wheel loosen up.

Performance + M3 in Minnesota here. We went with a set of 19" Braelin BR-09, with 4 porsche spec Pirelli Sottozeros, and used 3mm spacers. They are working great so far and i think the wheels look very good on the car. View attachment 18749
FYI, there is no reason to be afraid of spacers as long as you have enough thread engagement. 3mm spacers still allow for more than enough in this application because it's no different than having the non-performance upgrade rotors (thicker hats). I would highly doubt they have different lug nuts for peformance upgrade cars vs standard brakes. I also counted turns of engagement and it's plenty. I've run 30mm spacers on a racecar for 8 years, never had a wheel bearing fail, much less a wheel loosen up.
What size wheel spacers did you use? For a 64.1 mm hub? Or was it different because of the hub lip?

Here are a few more shots of the 18" FC04 wheels, +40 offset with 3mm spacers on my car, including a rear caliper clearance shot (not quite the perect angle, but you can get the picture. . . there's a few mm of clearance).
View attachment 17997
I'm getting these in silver for my matte blue 3 and lowering the car. Please enjoy my amateur photoshop so that I could imagine what this would look like lowered. Thanks for the tips on the offset. Because of you I went with the +30s. Thanks.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.