winter mats and the rumor model S mats are the same size?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Per their own marketing materials, their branded cargo/trunk liners are also laser measured.

There a number of possible reasons for the unavailability of their own branded trunk/frunk mats and unavailability of floor liners entirely. Hopefully their product development team isn't still waiting on measurements, since those shouldn't be too hard to come by, at this point.
Just speculation, but they probably had early access to a 3 to measure the frunk and trunk, but held off on passenger areas since that may not have been dimensionally set in stone.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for posting these @Racer X I have been watching WeatherTech for months waiting for Model 3 to be listed. I don't like to set foot in my car without them, and there's no point to saving a small percentage to drastically inferior other mats. I am completely surprised that the model S mats fit almost precisely! So much for this being a much smaller car!

iluvmacs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for posting these @Racer X I have been watching WeatherTech for months waiting for Model 3 to be listed. I don't like to set foot in my car without them, and there's no point to saving a small percentage to drastically inferior other mats. I am completely surprised that the model S mats fit almost precisely! So much for this being a much smaller car!
It's smaller in overall length by a significant amount. That savings comes from cargo area primarily, not passenger space. If you compare the interior dimensions you will find, for instance, that rear legroom is the same, rear headroom is more in the 3, and rear hip room is slightly less (so fitting 3 in the back isn't quite as comfortable width-wise... but the headroom is noticeably better no matter how many are back there!).

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good Afternoon zosoisnotaword,

Thank you for taking an interest in WeatherTech.

I looked into the Tesla Model 3. It shows that the 1st row floor liner and the front cargo liner have an ETA of about 8-10 weeks. The 2nd row floor liner has an ETA of about 3 weeks.

I would like to offer you a link that will let you know when your product is ready.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-updates/

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day,

WeatherTech Customer Service
2/23/18

Last edited:

TheTony

It happened.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I looked into the Tesla Model 3. It shows that the 1st row floor liner and the front cargo liner have an ETA of about 8-10 weeks. The 2nd row floor liner has an ETA of about 3 weeks.

I would like to offer you a link that will let you know when your product is ready.

Have a nice day,

2/23/18
This is great to hear. The frunk mat is in stock directly in Tesla and ready to ship, if people don't want to wait for that. They also said nothing about the trunk mat - I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and consider that an oversight.

Also, the link they provided you is of no use for Model 3 updates. I was going to sign up for that, but they don't offer Model 3 as a selection.

I know there are more companies in this space than WT, but it'd be nice if others offered any kind of Tesla product offering. I've emailed another company asking about this but never received a response.

Last edited:

Tdh

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
While SoCal probably doesn’t need all weather mats the same way as other locations, I’ve always enjoyed having some to alleviate dirt issues. I just received these and they look great in person and will satisfy the basic needs. Was worried they’d be too cheap feeling or looking, but not at all. (Now I just need a VIN and the car)

Amazon product

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can @MyBluBu or anyone that has the official Tesla (weathertech-made) trunk mat comment on how difficult it is to lift out of the way to access the lower compartment? With the extra weight and raised edges I expect it could be difficult.

I swear by weather tech mats for the cabin footwells, but usually go with something lighter like the hexomats for trunks just for this reason (and to save some money too)

MyBluBu

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Can @MyBluBu or anyone that has the official Tesla (weathertech-made) trunk mat comment on how difficult it is to lift out of the way to access the lower compartment? With the extra weight and raised edges I expect it could be difficult.

I swear by weather tech mats for the cabin footwells, but usually go with something lighter like the hexomats for trunks just for this reason (and to save some money too)
First thing I did at delivery was lift the lower compartment cover in the trunk to stow the charging kit. The All-Weather trunk mat has a cut out in the rear to allow you to grip the pull/handle on the lower compartment lid. It was effortless since there is a way to grab the handle. I never removed the mat, just lifted it up with the lid.

TheTony

It happened.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Have a nice day,

2/23/18
So, it's been well over 3 weeks since this post, and the only custom-fit products I see on their site are the frunk/trunk mats. And it looks like you're better off just buying from Tesla, since the WT frunk mat is $40 less (trunk mat is the same price).

Given that their estimate for second row mat was off, I'm not sure it's worth trusting their estimate about the first row ones, either.

I guess we'll get them when we get them. Of course, it's not like any other company is offering anything similar, which is a total wasted opportunity, the way I see it.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last edited:

Duy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got my MAXpider mats about 2 weeks ago they're great. So far they clean up really easy and my tint shop even said that's the first time they've seen them and they've done a lot of 3s. I got them for 174 from partcatalog's eBay site last time there was a coupon. EBay runs coupon promos occasionally like father's day 20 percent off. I used to be a die hard weather tech guy but overtime they would start bending. To be fair reviews I've seen MAXpider reviews from other cars that say they don't really hold up well in more extreme weather. I'm in Northern California so I just got heat and occasional rain so I'm not concerned.

FYI just happen to see the highly anticipated 3D MAXpider Model 3 floor mats on Amazon and found some threads on other sites stating they are due to be officially released sometime between the end of this month and September. :confused:

Amazon product
https://www.partcatalog.com/maxpider-rubber-floor-liners-1st-2nd-row-black-l1tl00401509.html

They look GREAT and will likely be half the cost of the WeatherTech 1st & 2nd row mats. :D

Attachments

NJturtlePower

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got my MAXpider mats about 2 weeks ago they're great. So far they clean up really easy and my tint shop even said that's the first time they've seen them and they've done a lot of 3s. I got them for 174 from partcatalog's eBay site last time there was a coupon. EBay runs coupon promos occasionally like father's day 20 percent off. I used to be a die hard weather tech guy but overtime they would start bending. To be fair reviews I've seen MAXpider reviews from other cars that say they don't really hold up well in more extreme weather. I'm in Northern California so I just got heat and occasional rain so I'm not concerned.
Thanks for the quick initial review! I just hope SOMEBODY makes a full set for the 3 soon.

Would love to see MAXpider mats for the frunk and trunk to match!

NJturtlePower

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While SoCal probably doesn’t need all weather mats the same way as other locations, I’ve always enjoyed having some to alleviate dirt issues. I just received these and they look great in person and will satisfy the basic needs. Was worried they’d be too cheap feeling or looking, but not at all. (Now I just need a VIN and the car)

Amazon product
Full 6-piece Tough Pro Model 3 set now available for UNDER $200 on Amazon... love the WeatherTech's or MAXpider's, but you can barely get 2 of those mats for the price of this set. Plus available with Prime free s/h and 5% back via Amazon store card or CC. ;)

Amazon product

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maxpider mats say 3D with underline... seem already labeled appropriately for a performance Model 3!
Can't wait till mine come, though I have a first production 3

COM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maxpider mats say 3D with underline... seem already labeled appropriately for a performance Model 3!
Can't wait till mine come, though I have a first production 3
You need P3D! These would be labeled for the dual motor (non performance).

GTV6

Country
Country
FYI for those of us who gave their TDI Sportwagens back to VW. The VW OEM accessory trunk mat fits the Model 3 very well, close enough that I’m not going to spend on a new one.