Windshield Wipers and Headlights

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Do we have any knowledge or speculation on how the windshield wipers and headlights will be activated and deactivated on the Model 3? More screen controls or steering wheel stalk?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do we have any knowledge or speculation on how the windshield wipers and headlights will be activated and deactivated on the Model 3? More screen controls or steering wheel stalk?
Confirmed its via the screen and not the stalk.

Leave both on auto to set and forget though.

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Cool, thanks! I have no issue with the lights, but will reserve judgement regarding the effectiveness of auto wipers. I assume windshield washer fluid dispensing and wiping will be a button on the screen as well. That should be interesting.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Cool, thanks! I have no issue with the lights, but will reserve judgement regarding the effectiveness of auto wipers. I assume windshield washer fluid dispensing and wiping will be a button on the screen as well. That should be interesting.
Agree, the lights I'm not worried about.

Wipers... we'll see...

Auto wipers have historically been pretty bad.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Agree, the lights I'm not worried about.

Wipers... we'll see...

Auto wipers have historically been pretty bad.
Have had good experiences with them on my BMWs and since this is the targeted brand 'PE excellence'... I am going to be confident! ;)

roguenode

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I sure would like it if that stalk had traditional wiper controls given Tesla has yet to deliver functional rain-sensing wipers on the AP2 hardware.

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Wipers on the stalk is great news. I was having daymares about entering a sudden cloud burst and having to franticaly search the screen for wiper controls while struggling to peer through a rain-splattered windshield to avoid traffic.

Now on to cruise control . . . Setting? Increasing/Decreasing Speed?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wipers on the stalk is great news. I was having daymares about entering a sudden cloud burst and having to franticaly search the screen for wiper controls while struggling to peer through a rain-splattered windshield to avoid traffic.

Now on to cruise control . . . Setting? Increasing/Decreasing Speed?
Cruise control is activated on the right stalk. Adjustments are then done on the screen and I believe with the scroll wheels on the steering wheel.

TesLou

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've got auto wipers on my 2010 Lexus and, before that, my 2008 BMW. No problems with either of those cars. I'm confident Tesla can do at least as good as those two. And like a previous post stated, they can always tweak with an update.

TesLou

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Distance? You mean for autopilot the ability to set the distance between cars? That's a set it and forget it type item.
That kinda sucks because my wife and I both have it (different automakers) right there on the steering wheel. I'm constantly adjusting it dependent upon the traffic, road condition, weather, speed, and vehicle type I'm following. I hate that I would have to go searching for that. So for me, it's not a "set it and forget it" thing. One of those two buttons on the M3's wheel should be utilized for this.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That kinda sucks because my wife and I both have it (different automakers) right there on the steering wheel. I'm constantly adjusting it dependent upon the traffic, road condition, weather, speed, and vehicle type I'm following. I hate that I would have to go searching for that. So for me, it's not a "set it and forget it" thing. One of those two buttons on the M3's wheel should be utilized for this.
I'm curious though why do you need to make adjustments based on who is around? You set a speed and say 5-7 car lengths and then why make continuous adjustments? It's semi-autopilot at that point.