Windshield washer tablets

UTexas98

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We were at a Tesla party last night and a Model S owner mentioned that Tesla service uses these windshield washer tablets to refill your windshield washer fluid. Has anyone else tried them? We ordered some to try it out.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd not heard of these before, but would suggest to only use them with distilled water, not tap water.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Whatever it is it doesn't clean anything off the window and leaves blue dots on the car. Took me a while to figure out what they were when I saw them. Maybe while it is super rainy this week I will go nuts with the window washing to drain it and refill with the good rainx stuff I normally use.

UTexas98

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't think it necessarily comes standard unless you've had service put it in. Most reviews on Amazon say these work well but I haven't needed them yet. Good luck with rainx.

Whatever it is it doesn't clean anything off the window and leaves blue dots on the car. Took me a while to figure out what they were when I saw them. Maybe while it is super rainy this week I will go nuts with the window washing to drain it and refill with the good rainx stuff I normally use.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The problem with the tablets is that they are for a measured amount of water, and you don't know how much you will be adding to your tank. Really they're made to refill a gallon bottle with your own water. It's easier to get a new bottle for a buck.

UTexas98

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, they're one tab per gallon (standard strength). I don't normally fill it up unless I need at least a gallon or it's empty. Currently those jugs either roll around my trunk for a year at a time or sit on a random shelf in my garage.

The problem with the tablets is that they are for a measured amount of water, and you don't know how much you will be adding to your tank. Really they're made to refill a gallon bottle with your own water. It's easier to get a new bottle for a buck.