Windshield hard to see out of when the sun is right in front

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

suprteck

Country
Country
Does anyone else have the problem with the front windshield being hard to see out of when the sun is low like at sunset. Looks like my windshield had been sandblasted at certain spots. Has been like this ever since I got it. Looks perfectly clear when the sun is not shining on it. I just made an appointment with my SC. Hopefully they can polish it out.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone else have the problem with the front windshield being hard to see out of when the sun is low like at sunset. Looks like my windshield had been sandblasted at certain spots. Has been like this ever since I got it. Looks perfectly clear when the sun is not shining on it. I just made an appointment with my SC. Hopefully they can polish it out.
If you want to try yourself use a clay bar on the outside with a lubricant. My inside windshield had a film on it. Took multiple cleanings with different stuff to make it clear. Best/final was 50% distilled water and 50% white vinegar. Worked great and now my go to.
I use Invisible Glass for the inside of tinted windows. Safe for tint.

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So interestingly enough, I did have one odd spot on the windshield (lower left and out of the way, but it annoyed me). The SC took care of it and my windshield is now uniformly clear.