Windshield Coating - what do you use?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried Optimum Opti-Glass Coating, but I am not sure if I let it dry long enough so the results are just fair. Anyone particularly happy with their solution?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried Optimum Opti-Glass Coating, but I am not sure if I let it dry long enough so the results are just fair. Anyone particularly happy with their solution?
I like the product, but had issues in the beginning with it. I checked with the manufacturer and they suggested I was most likely using too much of it. After reducing the amount I sprayed, I started seeing great results!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I use Aquapel. Works great on the side windows but I’ve had issues with it on my windshield. I’m attributing that to the outside temperature when I applied it and not wiping it off fast enough

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I just posted in another thread that I haven't used any windshield coating but reading this thread made me think. I buff my windshield using a microfiber cloth that has residue from waxing the body on it. I've been doing this for years on different cars and it works great with no streaking problems. The wax is P21S which I really like.

hanergy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can you use Aquapel on the rear window?
Yes but I don't see a need to. For one, you won't have that much wind force blowing the water away, and 2, you'll need a second package of aquapel unless you're very fast and get to the back and do a full application before it dries up.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Absolutely, I aquapelled the entire roof. It helps a bit considering we don't have a rear wiper. You will need to move really fast and maybe have a helper following with paper towels to do it all with one applicator.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I've been amazed in the manner with which water clears itself on the rear window at any speed above 40-45 mph (without any glass treatments). Well, I do polish it with rags containing wax residue. But I'm not sure that's what's doing it, I think the aerodynamics of the car keep the rear class clear.

Pure magic!

hamtonp

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ceramic coated my windshield. I was so impressed with the slickness, I decided to use what I had left on the windows. I'm hoping due to the super slickness the wipers will not chatter for the times I do use them.