Windshield cleaning fluid missing/not spraying/clogged jets or nozzles

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried to use my wiper fluid a couple of weeks after getting my car. Nothing came out (that I can tell) and I got dry wipes. My car seemingly came direct from the factory, so I thought maybe nobody put windshield wiper cleaning fluid in the reservoir.

I tried to check, but it looks like a tube and I can't tell how full or empty it is, but the cap had moisture on the underside of it which means it's not dry, right?

I thought I read somewhere about issues with washer fluid/jets/nozzles/warnings being an issue, but I'm not finding the ones I was thinking of. I did see mention that there's a warning on screen if the fluid is low. Does this mean my nozzles are clogged or something of that nature? Does it just take a while for the fluid like to be primed?

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Also, here's my attempt to SEO the title so others can find it.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One key here is to make sure you push the button in to the second click. If you push the button in one click, you just get a wipe. If you want washer fluid, keep pushing, it will go in to a second click, which is washer fluid. Might give that a try, if you don't recall pushing it in all the way. If you did, I'm not sure other than to check the fluid. I've not investigated the container, so not sure if you can see to the bottom. Might try pointing your phone camera down in the container and take a pic to see if you see fluid, or perhaps a stick to dip in and see if it is wet.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One key here is to make sure you push the button in to the second click. If you push the button in one click, you just get a wipe. If you want washer fluid, keep pushing, it will go in to a second click, which is washer fluid. Might give that a try, if you don't recall pushing it in all the way. If you did, I'm not sure other than to check the fluid. I've not investigated the container, so not sure if you can see to the bottom. Might try pointing your phone camera down in the container and take a pic to see if you see fluid, or perhaps a stick to dip in and see if it is wet.
Yep. You are correct. I decided to give it another go earlier this evening (just to verify that I'd held it down long enough) and was surprised by the gush of bluish liquid. I did notice that additional position of the button this time. I feel like this must have been in an early draft of the manual and maybe I forgot?

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Yep. You are correct. I decided to give it another go earlier this evening (just to verify that I'd held it down long enough) and was surprised by the gush of bluish liquid. I did notice that additional position of the button this time. I feel like this must have been in an early draft of the manual and maybe I forgot?
I had the same experience when I first wanted washer fluid to come out.

The control, although somewhat explained in the manual, is not intuitive to use.