Question Wind Noise Above 40 mph

Mr. Spacely

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Once Tesla got through production heck, newer Model 3s have no noticeable wind noise (under 80mph). The only sound I hear is a bit of tire hum primarily from the rear...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Once Tesla got through production heck, newer Model 3s have no noticeable wind noise (under 80mph). The only sound I hear is a bit of tire hum primarily from the rear...
Id say my car was in the middle of "Production Hell" (92k VIN, delivered the last week of Q3 last year) and it has no wind noise. On new smooth pavement at freeway speeds the only noise is when another car is nearby.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've seen this pop up a few times
I'm really tempted, surely also on amazon 'murrica.
Adding extra seals to the doors and/or door frames may reduce/muffle road noise, wind noise is from the wind hitting uneven spots on the exterior skin (like a side mirror, or a mis-aligned panel) that causes the air to be diverted around something or it hitting a 'bump', but not by coming thru a typical panel gap.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But how much wind noise is transmitted through the cabin versus 'exists' in the area around the car and leaks in via poor door seals?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've seen this pop up a few times
I'm really tempted, surely also on amazon 'murrica.
Note: we've had issues in the past with BASENOR attempting to spam our forums. I have no idea if the products are any good.

Enginerd

Country
Country
I was hoping someone on this forum would have before/after noise measurements with a door seal kit... before I commit. Anyone?