Will Tesla come to Brazil / South America?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

tikosp

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Will tesla come to Brazil or just new markets?

Adding several more countries to Model 3 order page tonight. Check for details, but will include India, Brazil, SA, SK, NZ, Sing & Ireland.
6:09 PM · Mar 31, 2016

Given that I understand that tesla is still unable to supply the demand from where it is already and there would be no reason to go to new markets.

I also know about Brazil's bureaucracy (Hyperloop tried to create a research center here but the government didn't help)

with china production managing to meet local demand, it should start allowing inventory to be sold to other markets. has there been any news about selling vehicles to new markets recently?

Just to register, try to access www.teslamotors.com from Brazil will show the message:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.teslamotors.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.b5811ec9.1580355053.24417250

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Probably not real soon, but I'd not be surprised to find the Gigafactory will become an item sold and installed on many continents.

tikosp

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Probably not real soon, but I'd not be surprised to find the Gigafactory will become an item sold and installed on many continents.
Interesting perspective. Gigafactory as a service?

1 year from ground break to production in Shanghai, 6 months in Berlin?