Will reservation holders be disappointed?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
With the final reveal just hours away, will reservationists be disappointed? Here is a YouTube video that thinks that answer could be "yes." This was posted in the last day or so and it is a viewpoint that must be considered. It is interesting that he is wearing an @TrevP tee shirt and could very well be a member of M3OC.

I will not be disappointed. This car is so important that I will take almost anything that is offered. I am seriously considering making a second reservation for delivery a couple of years down the road. What do you think?

Watts4me

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not going to lie. I am disappointed that I can't get the performance model. But I'm not disappointed in the car at all. I guess I just have to wait longer

dudeman

Country
Country
Mostly likely people will be disappointed if they don't get detailed information about the car.
Not with the car itself though. Folks had enough to be disappointed if they wanted to by now.

Mister G

With the final reveal just hours away, will reservationists be disappointed? Here is a YouTube video that thinks that answer could be "yes." This was posted in the last day or so and it is a viewpoint that must be considered. It is interesting that he is wearing an @TrevP tee shirt and could very well be a member of M3OC.

I will not be disappointed. This car is so important that I will take almost anything that is offered. I am seriously considering making a second reservation for delivery a couple of years down the road. What do you think?
I feel like a child on Christmas morning lol

Kbm3

Country
Country
I do think some people are going to be disappointed. I think they believe they will be getting a premium 60 kWh 250 mile range Tesla model three for 35K. I don't believe this will be the case. I think the base model will be missing some features, have less range and be more delayed than many people will be expecting.

Did not watch the video. Hope I'm not just repeating stuff that was in the video.

Kbm3

Country
Country
Just watched the video. I disagree with his premise. I do think that the initial model threes will be premium large battery (not performance) versions. I think the disappointment will be that these will probably be 45k - 50k.

Ct200h

Country
Country
Eh releasing only premium large battery 3's much much more then the 35k price would be a bad idea.

The whole premise and promise is that this is an affordable Tesla , mass market.

The whole ice industry and press are just waiting to write that headline.
"Musk misses the mark on3 pricing , thousands willcancel instead of paying 50k"

I don't think they are that foolish to fall into that trap.
It's been set and hard.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just watched the video. I disagree with his premise. I do think that the initial model threes will be premium large battery (not performance) versions. I think the disappointment will be that these will probably be 45k - 50k.
is that not expected by most?

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the first Model 3s available for customers to order will have the option of the smaller battery pack and start at $35k. But remember the first thousand or so are going to employees, possibly at a discount, and they may have only been given the choice of the larger pack and glass roof etc.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But remember the first thousand or so are going to employees, possibly at a discount, and they may have only been given the choice of the larger pack and glass roof etc.
employees are NOT getting a discount, tesla has made that very clear that everyone, including their own insiders, pay full sticker price.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm a little disappointed. Was hoping for a bit more range on the base model (but I suppose it's possible to get some of that with AWD (if it's available on the standard battery).

Also, the USB ports in the back are part of the premium package. :-/ I suppose I'm interested in some of the other features that are there (that I wasn't expecting to be standard).

The big realization for me upon seeing the prices was how expensive this car will really be.