Will referral codes take $1000 of the Model 3 price?

UncleMoose

Country
Country
Does anyone have any knowledge if there will be a similar discount offered on the Model 3 through the use of referral discounts?
In other words, if I have a referral code from a current Model S/Model X owner, do people think there will be a spot on the Model 3 configurator to enter the code to take $1000 of the price?
I tried to do a search, but couldn't find any other threads that discussed this.

And then there is the other question - once we get our Model 3s, will we be eligible to give referrals and be eligible for prizes?

I understand that all will probably be speculation, but perhaps I just missed discussions of this in my obsessive checking of this forum.

Mark

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone have any knowledge if there will be a similar discount offered on the Model 3 through the use of referral discounts?
In other words, if I have a referral code from a current Model S/Model X owner, do people think there will be a spot on the Model 3 configurator to enter the code to take $1000 of the price?
I tried to do a search, but couldn't find any other threads that discussed this.

And then there is the other question - once we get our Model 3s, will we be eligible to give referrals and be eligible for prizes?

I understand that all will probably be speculation, but perhaps I just missed discussions of this in my obsessive checking of this forum.

Mark
the (current) referral codes are only for the S and X. I would not expect that to change until the backlog of reservations is cleared out (maybe late 2018ish). I would think at some point the Model 3 owners would be given a referral code to share similarly as the current owners, but we will have to wait and see.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the (current) referral codes are only for the S and X. I would not expect that to change until the backlog of reservations is cleared out (maybe late 2018ish). I would think at some point the Model 3 owners would be given a referral code to share similarly as the current owners, but we will have to wait and see.
Once we are owners we should be able to refer others, but potentially still just for S/X.

deathcab

Country
Country
Wasn't there some sort of referral code from S and X owners, that got new buyers including model 3 free supercharging?
No. Free supercharging offer (with referral code) is only for purchase of Model S/X. There have not been (and likely will not be) any offers for free unlimited supercharging on the Model 3 in the near future (if ever).

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No. Free supercharging offer (with referral code) is only for purchase of Model S/X. There have not been (and likely will not be) any offers for free unlimited supercharging on the Model 3 in the near future (if ever).
Unless of course free unlimited supercharging is the "special something" for pre-unveil reservation holders...