will Model3 be possilbe to haul a caravan?

Hi everyone.
Im the person who 've been waiting model3 in south korea. i want to share my wonder that model3 can carry a camping caravan. how do you think? i want to hear your opinion or facts about my wonder.

Thank you.

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi everyone.
Im the person who 've been waiting model3 in south korea. i want to share my wonder that model3 can carry a camping caravan. how do you think? i want to hear your opinion or facts about my wonder.

Thank you.
Considering that Tesla has the X as the official "towing capable" Tesla and the 3 is smaller than the S, I would guess that it would not officially support towing anything in the 3. At least not in the US or EU. However, towing is usually a local regulation so. Who knows what would be allowed in your market.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Elon confirmed there will be a towing hitch option for Model 3. Maybe only for bikes but there's always a slight chance it will be class 2 capable.

Check out @elonmusk's Tweet:

Topher

Energy Curmudgeon
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Elon promised a towing hitch, NOT an accessory hitch (though we might get that as well). So, you should be able to tow with your model ≡.

Thank you kindly.

I'll be adding the hitch for sure. I use a small trailer to pick up drywall and plywood, etc.. and this is in a tiny RWD sport car. I'm sure the 3 will do just fine if you respect the rated weights (which we probably won't find out until late production)