Will existing model S owners replace with a Model 3

CookieUK

Country
Country
Hi, From CookieUK just North of London .
Well......... I have a serious "Love In" with my MS85 AP1 32k Miles late 2015 registration- with all extras , ( + Every single MS Item available from Evvanex - seriously) I am hugely proud of it but would like to hear arguments Why I should NOT trade it in for a M3 ( for which I have an early reservation) and invest the difference in Tesla shares, What would I miss about the MS that the M3 doesn't deliver?

It was this article and spreadsheet which stimulated this thought process:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...ices-reader-makes-his-guesses-via-spreadsheet

I appreciate this may be the wrong place for this thread on this forum, but I have no idea how to copy and insert elsewhere on the Forum

Jayc

Country
Country
I've never seen a rationale for getting a Model S till M3 arrives unless one has the funds to play with and don't really care whether it makes good financial sense.

I predict that by the time first M3s start arriving here, your MS will have depreciated to the point that you only manage to get a handful of TSLA shares from what's left getting a brand new Model 3 and with shares at a premium when Tesla starts riding high on the success of Model 3.

Last edited:

CookieUK

Country
Country
Hey Jayc, As an existing shareholder I Really Really hope you are totally correct. But it didn't answer the question.
What are the compelling reasons for keeping a (depreciated) Model S over a New Model 3?
For the sake of the discussion lets assume they achieve parity on value with, say an M3 80D,why keep the S?

Jayc

Country
Country
MS has a slightly more spacious interior and a significantly larger boot and frunk. Your MS will have unlimited SC access which most M3 grades will not get. MS is a more up market car which itself is an attraction to some. Also I think some people might find the M3 interior a bit lacking and bland. Also we still don't know whether all the features on Model S will be available on M3 e.g. air suspension. And some people just don't won't to be seen in a mass produced car.