Wifi Special Characters

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got my Model 3 TODAY! Very excited! But once I got the car back home, and tried to connect to my home WiFi, I could not enter my password because it contains a \ symbol (backslash, not forward slash). I searched all over the car's keyboard, tried difference combinations of using the Shift key (long pressed the / key like you do on the iPhone), but I could not find this character.

Do special characters like this exist on the Tesla, or do I have to change my Home Wifi password (which is connected to about 20-30 various device - maybe more)?

If special characters like the \ are not supported, does anyone know if they will be in the new firmware 9?

Many thanks
Greg

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not in the car to check my keyboard so I'm not aware of what keys are there, sounds like you've done a thorough job.

I just happen to be sitting in an IT audit meeting however, so just thinking maybe this is the perfect time to update that password and reassure yourself you are secure !