Why were side cameras turned off... causing damage to my car!

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can we have some details? what firmware release? when/why did they turn off and how did them being off cause damage?

oh - and welcome to the site.

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In my recorded videos on my USB drive, both sides have video files sometimes that are unreadable.

I would say more often than not the files are the standard size, but sometimes I have noticed 0kb sized files that are unreadable. That was on v 2019.20.4 I believe. I haven't looked yet on v 24.4

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
0kb files have been a problem since basically forever. It's theorized to be a usb bandwidth issue but happens on all speeds of drives.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I've had a bunch of dash cam footage I haven't looked at in a couple weeks and started sorting through them now (no damage to my car, but I do get curious about what happens around it). I even saw the vid of when a lady rear-ended me (miraculously no damage to my car). I noticed after I went to 2019.4.4 that the side-camera vids are practically all blank. Maybe that's what the OP was referring to. Likely a bug that hopefully is fixed with the current 2019.24.4 I'm on. Will pull some files and take a look.