Question Why no trunk tie downs in Model X or Model Y?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeff3820

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
For those of us that need to carry larger items like a snow blower or a lawn mower I find it really absurd that there are no trunk tie downs in any Tesla SUV vehicles. I really need this...anyone find a solution or have any suggestion?

Jeff3820

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
True but since tie downs are not in any other Tesla model that is an assumption. Just curious what current owners use when they have to secure larger items in the trunk.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
here's a video from Bjorn with some options for a partition wall for the X to prevent items from moving forward into the main seating area

Bjorn had another video showing how he attached cargo straps to secure things, but can't readily find it.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
here's a video from Bjorn with some options for a partition wall for the X to prevent items from moving forward into the main seating area.
I believe that the problem Bjorn is addressing is specific to the 6 seat configuration of the model X with the opening between the 2nd row seats. 5 and 7 seat configurations of Model X don’t have this issue nor will Model Y.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Those are indeed tie downs!! I assume there are a matching set on the left side of the trunk area?
Yes they are on both the left and right. I just couldn’t see a good way to get both sides in one picture and still show it clearly.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the 6 seats variant and the tie-downs are present in the back of the third row fold-down seats and in the trunk

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I was just sitting in the 3rd row of my X - something I don’t often do - and noticed another tie down on each side, higher up. Has a flippy cover so a bit hard to photograph, but here is an attempt.