Why is there radio silence from the 30 new owners?

I presumed that after the reveal, the 30 people who just got their Model 3’s would be giving us a lot of information about their cars. I thought at least some of them would post pictures, create YouTube videos, maybe even post the PDF of the manual. But there has been absolutely nothing from them. I can only presume that they are on NDA from Tesla. But why? Wouldn’t their input get other people even more excited to get this car?

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla doesn't want more orders at this point. Like Elon said they are going to be in production hell for a while catching up to what they have. Once production is close to where they want it to be then they can start encouraging more sales. I am sure all of those that took delivery at the event are under NDAs.

Dan

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Of course they could simply be out enjoying the car and the grin is so wide that we haven't seen a peep.

I can't imagine they'd be under an NDA though. They're going to drive the car around. They're going to have passengers. They just did test drives for lots of people and gave media full access to the cars so what's not to share?

It's possible that these 30 people simply don't have Twitter :)

Also, it's possible that for these 30 people it's an extra car and they haven't bothered much yet.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It does seem strange. Has anyone searched YouTube and other social media for "Just got my Model 3!"

If it were me I would've been livestreaming myself adjusting the seat and programming the radio stations :p

Remember the reveal and test drives afterwards were done in the dark. Could the first cars still be a bit rough and Tesla wants to avoid highlighting this as long as possible?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Remember the reveal and test drives afterwards were done in the dark. Could the first cars still be a bit rough and Tesla wants to avoid highlighting this as long as possible?
Ok, these sorts of conspiracy theories are just nuts.

It was at night because this was a party for Tesla employees, and... see... they all sort of have day jobs that they really, REALLY need to work hard at right now.

Isn't there 3 shifts running? If so the night shift staff would have missed out or stopped work for the event.

Sorry for my conspiracy theory. I tend to do that. But I was just attempting to respond to the questions posed by the thread's author.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Isn't there 3 shifts running? If so the night shift staff would have missed out or stopped work for the event.

Sorry for my conspiracy theory. I tend to do that. But I was just attempting to respond to the questions posed by the thread's author.
I don't think workers on the factory floor are in the first 30. Higher ranking people and investors were.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ah! That was the "More Cowbell" Elon referenced, but he didn't try it.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok, these sorts of conspiracy theories are just nuts.

It was at night because this was a party for Tesla employees, and... see... they all sort of have day jobs that they really, REALLY need to work hard at right now.
and 9pm events is kinda a California thing.
At least any time I'm in the bay area and do anything with friends, it seems things don't get organized and happen until at least 9p.