Resolved Why is my car always going somewhere?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

JoeP

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So a fairly recent (after version 10) software update seems to have made my tesla always have a destination set when i get into it in the morning.
This is true, even if i was not using navigation in my last drive the previous day.

It seems quite consistent.

Has anyone else seen this? Know how to turn it off? Its annoying the car is telling me where to go as soon as i turn it on now. I can cancel it of course and do. But it seems pointless.
I dont *think* its the first location on my calendar for the day (which might make some sense).
-jcp-

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I volunteer; driving a meals-on-wheels route on Monday mornings. Somehow the car(on it's own, AFAIK) decided that my first Monday morning stop is work even though I'm retired. It routes me there every weekday.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
HaH. My Tesla must have found me a job! I'm retired, so i dont have a "Work" location. But it clearly intuited one for me.
That Elon, always thinking of ways to make us more productive!
Now I'm curious - where does your car think you work? :)

potatoee

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Noting that Automatic Navigation goes to a predicted destination:
1579869612015-png.31911

I will say that, at times, I get into my car and it seems to send me to a random place. I don't know if it's suggesting that I get a new job or a girlfriend but my M3 is definitely making some strange suggestions to me at times. LOL

JoeP

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I did eventually determine why this is. My son had borrowed my Model3 at some point in the past and set "work" to be his law firm's address.
So my car is asking me to drive to the Bay Area (where he works) which is 2 1/2 hours from where i live. Its close enough so that it can make it on the 80% charge i usually do overnight, so its not sending me to a supercharge on the way, the route is actually to his firm...

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now I'm curious - where does your car think you work? :)
... the route is actually to his firm...
I was kind of hoping it was the cars way (or Elon) of telling you that it's time to try the "I'm feeling Lucky" feature...

Or that all the Tesla's in your area were holding a secret meetup and didn't tell their owners...