Who needs a capital raise?!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Topher

Energy Curmudgeon
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Don't kid yourself. Your money is not in escrow. If Tesla goes under, you're a creditor. And pretty far down the priority list.

We're all taking the bet that Tesla will continue to be an operational venture up until the point that they deliver. It's not a particularly dangerous bet, mind you, but....
Which is sort of the whole point. I gave Tesla my $1k exactly so that they would spend it for capital expenses, so that I can have my Model 3 sooner. Why else?

Thank you kindly.

Rusty

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I wonder how many Roadsters they plan to make overall. There were about 2,000 made of the original, but clearly they expect way more if they're allotting 1k reservations just for the Founder's series.

Side note: So how do we differentiate the Roadsters now? Version 1/2? Roadster 2.0?This is gonna bug me going forward. :D
Probably as many as +$200,000 customers there are out there.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
One day I would dearly love Tesla to pull an Apple and go "Oh and this car we just revealed? Order today you can take delivery NEXT MONTH." :D
I'm happy for Tesla to just keep promising the moon and stars. Sure, they're always late, but in the end they still give you the moon and stars. :cool:

Rusty

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I don’t think we appreciate the financing it takes to keep Tesla in business to build our cars. From many perspectives, Tesla is still a start up company. There has to be financing - then product. There is a reason Tesla is the only US car company to start up in close to 100 years and stay in business. Elon has to launch new product to keep investors interested.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don’t think we appreciate the financing it takes to keep Tesla in business to build our cars. From many perspectives, Tesla is still a start up company. There has to be financing - then product. There is a reason Tesla is the only US car company to start up in close to 100 years and stay in business. Elon has to launch new product to keep investors interested.
That’s why I am actually a bit surprised they didn’t open the configurator as that would lead to another $2,500 for each Model 3 configured!

Mattstyle

Country
Country
You’d think Tesla would have to give at least some specifics on AWD pricing and packages when the public configurator opens. Otherwise could you imagine the Tesla reps fielding this question 100 times a day: “How do I know whether I want to wait for AWD if I don’t know the specs and costs?”

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You’d think Tesla would have to give at least some specifics on AWD pricing and packages when the public configurator opens. Otherwise could you imagine the Tesla reps fielding this question 100 times a day: “How do I know whether I want to wait for AWD if I don’t know the specs and costs?”
That’s a good point.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The way I understand it you have to put down an additional $2500 when you configure and at that point the entire $3500 is non-refundable.
That is correct. We all gave the initial $1,000 refundable reservation fee and, when it's your turn to configure, one of the last steps in that process is the payment of an additional $2,500. At that point you "lock in" your order and the total $3,500 amount becomes non-refundable.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes, coming from the perspective of a reservation-holder on the fence about AWD, I would certainly hope that Tesla would provide this information up-front when the configurator goes live... but based on what Tesla has done historically, I'm not expecting them to announce pricing for AWD or Performance until the day that those configurations are actually available to order.