Who needs a capital raise?!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone wanna bet the stock is gonna get a pretty big bump tomorrow?
I'll bet against that. The stock market never seems to make sense.
It is up 3.4% in pre-market already. Hopefully you are correct. :)

I was going to buy more shares if it dropped below 300, but it looks like that won't happen. I couldn't be happier.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll bet against that. The stock market never seems to make sense.
It is up 3.4% in pre-market already. Hopefully you are correct. :)

I was going to buy more shares if it dropped below 300, but it looks like that won't happen. I couldn't be happier.
Agree there will probably be a drop for profit taking after this pre-market run.

slasher016

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They probably just made $50,000,000 in reservations.
A lot more than that... the founder series requires a 100% payment for a reservation. There are 1000 available. Apparently they're already sold out. That's $250,000,000 even if there's zero other reservations at 50k a pop....

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
5k is the reservation cost of the Semi. From Tesla's site: https://www.tesla.com/roadster/

Base Price: $200,000
Base Reservation: $50,000
Founder's Series Price: $250,000
Founder's Series Reservation (1000 available): $250,000
I hadn't realized the Roadster was also available for reservation. Dang. I saw a video of all the reservers.

This makes me a bit self-conscious about buying a "modest" Model 3. Queue the "flashy car" concerns. Some car manufacturers have a different brand for their luxury cars. I'm wondering if that's to make their premium buyers feel special or if it's more complicated (I can't figure out the words for the non-luxury buyers).

Mattstyle

Country
Country
They can't spend that money, though. Imagine if everyone cancelled their orders after Tesla spent it on capex. They'll get some benefit from reaping interest on it, though.
You are probably right. If that doomsday scenario did happen, those reservationists would be the proud owners of a kuka robot and Tesla would probably be going bankrupt to cause all those cancellations. Let’s not go there :eek::D

Last edited:

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Don't kid yourself. Your money is not in escrow. If Tesla goes under, you're a creditor. And pretty far down the priority list.

We're all taking the bet that Tesla will continue to be an operational venture up until the point that they deliver. It's not a particularly dangerous bet, mind you, but....

Last edited:

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1000 x 250,000 = 250,000,000 roadster purch
20,000 x 5,000 = 100,000,000 roadster
2,500 x 5,000 = 12,500,000 semi
100 x 250,000 = 25,000,000 semi purch

100M here, 100M there; pretty soon you're talking real money...

OneSixtyToOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Don't kid yourself. Your money is not in escrow. If Tesla goes under, you're a creditor. And pretty far down the priority list.

We're all taking the bet that Tesla will continue to be an operational venture up until the point that . It's not a particularly dangerous bet, mind you, but....
Kickstarter for the well-heeled

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A lot more than that... the founder series requires a 100% payment for a reservation. There are 1000 available. Apparently they're already sold out. That's $250,000,000 even if there's zero other reservations at 50k a pop....
Yup... I corrected myself somewhere along the way. Forgive my tired post late at night :)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
At some point you have to provide a product in return for that money. Tesla has show it's adept at the first part of the transaction but seems to struggle with the second part.
To be more precise, they've never *failed* at providing a product - they're just always late.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I wonder how many Roadsters they plan to make overall. There were about 2,000 made of the original, but clearly they expect way more if they're allotting 1k reservations just for the Founder's series.

Side note: So how do we differentiate the Roadsters now? Version 1/2? Roadster 2.0?This is gonna bug me going forward. :D