Who can put on my aftermarket 18” TSportsline wheels???

Hiep Dao

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I have a problem! Just took delivery of my model 3 two days ago, blue LR AWD, white seats, aero wheels. I hate the aero wheels so I purchased the 18” TSportsline turbine wheels. The problem is Tesla won’t put them on because they won’t put on aftermarket wheels because it voids the warranty and they don’t want the responsibility. I called around the northern va area (Tyson’s Corner, VA) and everyone is reluctant to work on a Tesla, some saying the TPMS would be off after the new rims are replaced and they can’t recalibrate it. Is this true? Anyone know anyone around the northern va area that can place these wheels on for me??

Also, I got the turbine wheels in space gray. How do you guys think this will look with the blue car with white seats??

I am sure there must be several shops near you that can handle this most basic job, providing they either have self locating lifting pucks or they take the necessary care in properly lifting your new 3 (color combo with grays is sweet btw!). However, if you don’t mind taking a short road trip down 95 to Richmond, Dorns auto repair in Mechanicsville is a Tesla certified body repair shop and can easily handle your wheel/tire needs as they have for me over the years with my Teslas and my ICE cars.

Bull $hit on the re-calibration issue! I recently purchased a new set of TPMS from the Richmond service center to use on my aftermarket staggard 19s for the 3 and just re-set the new sensors on the touchscreen without issue.

Btw, great choice in going with the Model 3 specific TSports as they have the correct C.B., utilize both OEM center caps and lug nuts for ease of installation and ideal fitment.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormond

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I have a problem! Just took delivery of my model 3 two days ago, blue LR AWD, white seats, aero wheels. I hate the aero wheels so I purchased the 18” TSportsline turbine wheels. The problem is Tesla won’t put them on because they won’t put on aftermarket wheels because it voids the warranty and they don’t want the responsibility. I called around the northern va area (Tyson’s Corner, VA) and everyone is reluctant to work on a Tesla, some saying the TPMS would be off after the new rims are replaced and they can’t recalibrate it. Is this true? Anyone know anyone around the northern va area that can place these wheels on for me??

Also, I got the turbine wheels in space gray. How do you guys think this will look with the blue car with white seats??
Share a photo with us when you get them mounted.

Hiep Dao

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I am sure there must be several shops near you that can handle this most basic job, providing they either have self locating lifting pucks or they take the necessary care in properly lifting your new 3 (color combo with grays is sweet btw!). However, if you don’t mind taking a short road trip down 95 to Richmond, Dorns auto repair in Mechanicsville is a Tesla certified body repair shop and can easily handle your wheel/tire needs as they have for me over the years with my Teslas and my ICE cars.

Bull $hit on the re-calibration issue! I recently purchased a new set of TPMS from the Richmond service center to use on my aftermarket staggard 19s for the 3 and just re-set the new sensors on the touchscreen without issue.

Btw, great choice in going with the Model 3 specific TSports as they have the correct C.B., utilize both OEM center caps and lug nuts for ease of installation and ideal fitment.

Good luck!

Thanks Electrick! Yeah, kinda lucky I guess....googled model 3 rims and TSportsline was one of the first to show up- glad to hear they work well on the 3s.

These places are all over the place with reluctance to put on these wheels- they just don’t want to come anywhere near Teslas maybe because of liability. I called the Tesla service center in Fremont and they said the service center can recalibrate my TPMS after wheels are replaced but it sounds like you said there’s a prompt on the screen after replacement that will automatically recalibrate for me??

Thanks for your help guys- I’ll def post some pics after I get these wheels on!

Mosess

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the same Model 3 AWD in Metallic Blue and white interior. I did have the windows tinted. I am wondering what the TST 18" wheels will look like in their "brilliant silver" on my car.

Also, I'm not sure which tires to go with. I want maximum efficiency but hate the look of the aero wheels even with the aero caps removed.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla CAN install your wheels! They just don't know they can. You just need to sign this form. Also, it does not void any part of your car warranty. You are just signing that you agree that Tesla cannot be held responsible for your wheels if something happens.

JT

Attachments

Last edited:

Mosess

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hope this helps. Certainly helped me decide which wheels to get. lol just kidding. Still cant decide.
tm3-wheels-art1-jpg.15201
tm3-wheels-art2-jpg.15202

Hiep Dao

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Tesla CAN install your wheels! They just don't know they can. You just need to sign this form. Also, it does not void any part of your car warranty. You are just signing that you agree that Tesla cannot be help responsible for your wheels if something happens.

JT
Where did you get that?!? That's perfect, i'm gonna bring that to the Tesla service station, if it's legit from Tesla how can they tell me it's their policy not to do that???

Thanks so much!!

Mosess

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Uh.. they have photos on their product page

View attachment 15204
Yes they do, but they're useless as a direct comparison since they're all at different angles and with different color cars and lighting situations. Not a very fair way to compare apples to apples. That is why I made those images.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Where did you get that?!? That's perfect, i'm gonna bring that to the Tesla service station, if it's legit from Tesla how can they tell me it's their policy not to do that???

Thanks so much!!
The service manager of my local Tesla dealership sent it to me after I made a scene when they refused to install my EVWheels. I had everyone in the place gathered around. Good times!:D

The form is legit.

JT

Hiep Dao

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
The service manager of my local Tesla dealership sent it to me after I made a scene when they refused to install my EVWheels. I had everyone in the place gathered around. Good times!:D

The form is legit.

JT

JT-

It sure is legit! I took it to the service center today and they refused to do it and called the service manager and everything! BOOM! Brought out your form and the manager was utterly confused.....he went away and came back about 20 min later after checking on his tesla computer and realized a memo had just recently come out about this and it was just recently approved! Apparently they’ve had a lot of requests for this service and customers were not taking no for an answer. He came back and apologized and we set up an appointment in one week to do it. They said it’d be about $200 total for all 4 wheels. Might cost a little bit more but I know it’ll be done right. Thanks again, couldn’t have done it without you!

oneshortguy

Country
Country
JT-

It sure is legit! I took it to the service center today and they refused to do it and called the service manager and everything! BOOM! Brought out your form and the manager was utterly confused.....he went away and came back about 20 min later after checking on his tesla computer and realized a memo had just recently come out about this and it was just recently approved! Apparently they’ve had a lot of requests for this service and customers were not taking no for an answer. He came back and apologized and we set up an appointment in one week to do it. They said it’d be about $200 total for all 4 wheels. Might cost a little bit more but I know it’ll be done right. Thanks again, couldn’t have done it without you!
Thank you for confirming it for the rest of us!