Question White Standard hurts resale value

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Given that I paid $$ 60 days ago for white and now it’s free has hurt my resale value. Perhaps there is a case for class action?
Stores change prices on items all the time. Tesla is not unique in this regard.

You signed a contract to purchase a particular car at a particular price. Tesla provided that car. There is no guarantee of "resale value" in any such purchase agreement. If you're really interested in a contract that guarantees resale value, they do exist - that would be called a "lease".

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had I known... Tesla could do something, even token free charging miles to compensate.
Go buy a Chevy and then check the newspaper and find blowout sales the next weekend. It stings and hurts. I can tell you as someone who bought an early 2018 my resale value is crushed by the discounted prices. Nothing you can do...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Happens every quarter he pushes to get big sales numbers. 10 days after the quarter ends (and the seven day return period has passed) he lowers the price for the next quarter. Yep, pisses you off and leaves a bad taste in your mouth but I chose to buy it at the specified price so there is no breach of contract. Just glad when I look at trucar or cargurus to buy a regular car I’m typically getting the lower of the price range and not the higher 🙄, same idea.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This thread and posts like it are not going to get sympathetic responses on a Tesla forum. I assume you had to expect that though.

If by chance you're not just trolling and are indeed serious, I must recommend you try and just enjoy your vehicle, which I'm hopeful you find amazing and awesome and are indeed enjoying it. Trying to say a paint switch at a car factory cost you as a buyer sounds like a losing/frivolous lawsuit to me...

For the record, I could buy a Performance Model 3 right now for the same price (less actually since FSD would have to be added) than I paid in February 2018 for my LR RWD. That's not apples to apples, but still... the point is that things change, prices change... it's going to happen so why stress over it?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
anyone who bought a car not expecting it to lose value is a fool. especially one that is bought to be driven on a daily basis (and not a vintage or otherwise collectable to sit under a car cover untouched).
you can not control what triggers it to lose value. and you can not blame whatever triggers it to lose value. (both having exception of the owner/driver wrecking or otherwise mistreating it)

everyone who ever bought a car agreed to whatever price it was the day they signed the papers. that is the last time you had any say in the value of the car.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had I known... Tesla could do something, even token free charging miles to compensate.
If you're within the 7 days, return it and re-purchase. If its been over 7 days, than how can you reasonably expect your purchase price to be protected for longer than that. Based on that logic, I want my $5k back on the price drops of the M3P over the past 3mo.

tesla m3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm driving a 2018 PWMC P3D. I seriously doubt that anyone has been hit harder by price changes. I am so distraught about these changes that we're picking up a second model3, for my wife, tomorrow(and we're not getting the free PWMC).:cool::cool:
Yeah, that totally sucks Tesla is letting you buy a second car for even cheaper than the first!

I hope I have that kind of luck when I need another vehicle.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Let's not beat a dead horse here folks, Tesla changes prices all the time and unless your have not received your car or it's still in production don't expect any adjustments or compensation from them. They're entirely within their rights to do as they please just like any other company who offers sales or rebates from time to time. It's not any different. Enjoy your car and stop looking at the configurator.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.