White Interior Photos

Gorillapaws

Country
Country
I'm starting to get pretty annoyed with Tesla over this to be perfectly honest. I really don't understand why they can't do a better job communicating with us about where in the production ramp up process the white interior option is planned to be available. If it's just around get corner, great! if they're behind dual motor or even standard range, ok, at least I know and can make decisions. This is particularly relevant given the looming tax credit phaseout.

I'm probably going to give up and order the black seats soon, in part because I"m concerned about interest rates going up. It would be a real shame if I pull the trigger on the dark seats and Tesla announces the availability of the white interior very soon thereafter.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really don't understand why they can't do a better job communicating
Tesla's mistake was to mention that there would be white seats in the future. Any other company would simply never pre-announce such stuff.
I"m concerned about interest rates going up. It would be a real shame if I pull the trigger on the dark seats and Tesla announces the availability of the white interior very soon thereafter.
Check to see if you can lock in the rate now before buying the car.

I told my credit union that I'm going to be buying a car soon. I told them an upper-bound for how much I want to borrow, and they approved me for that loan. They sent me an "AutoDraft", which is basically a blank check where I can fill in the amount (up to that upper-bound) and hand it over to a dealer when I find the car that I actually want to buy. The loan is good for 120 days. I don't know if every financial institution does something similar, but it's worth looking into. I already got the loan to get the 1.99% rate locked in, but I've now decided to wait for AWD, and I don't think that's going to be available for me in the next 120 days.

Gorillapaws

Country
Country
Tesla's mistake was to mention that there would be white seats in the future. Any other company would simply never pre-announce such stuff.
I kind of agree, but in the same breath, they're already discussing standard battery stuff which is 9+ months away. There are some indications that the white interior may be much sooner than that. It's just frustrating when you're able to configure but aren't sure if it's a mistake to pull the trigger on the purchase. I understand that features/options may slip and face further delays, but I think it would be reasonable to give us some general idea of what the rough targets are. They've done a reasonable job of giving us an idea about when to expect dual motors and the standard range options, it's just weird that there's been radio silence on the white interior.

Country
Country
Soon after I buy the white interior, the cream color will be available, which I will likely prefer over white. Not long after that, the Y will come out and I will probably be tempted to trade in the Model 3 for the Y. Then after that, a Tesla without range anxiety...

I’m afraid my desire for the ideal Tesla will never be satisfied.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Soon after I buy the white interior, the cream color will be available, which I will likely prefer over white. Not long after that, the Y will come out and I will probably be tempted to trade in the Model 3 for the Y. Then after that, a Tesla without range anxiety...

Then they'll come out with a Tesla that's as large as a model X, sporty as a next gen roadster, has the range and speed of a next gen roadster, advanced interior and computing power like a model 3, and gives you a little lovin' at night. :p

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Buyer’s remorse is a funny thing. At some point you jump in with both feet and stop worrying about what is next. Something is always coming down the road and you’d never pull the trigger :)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand that features/options may slip and face further delays, but I think it would be reasonable to give us some general idea of what the rough targets are
They have done exactly that already. I'll try to dig up the post later. But they missed that deadline.

Russell

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that their battery production has issues they didn’t expect and they’re spending a lot of resources to rectify that. Once that machine from Germany is in place and they’re hitting their target 5k/week, I think you’ll start to see some of the other options get some effort.

Country
Country
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that their battery production has issues they didn’t expect and they’re spending a lot of resources to rectify that. Once that machine from Germany is in place and they’re hitting their target 5k/week, I think you’ll start to see some of the other options get some effort.
Don’t forget that there may be other bottlenecks to resolve such as the parts distribution machinery.

Dangermouse

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm glad they did! All the people waiting for white seats, AWD and performance models will get me the car that much faster! :p
Same for me, bailed on white cause i couldn't wait.

I'm just going to give everyone a white shirt to wear in the car...it'll end up being about the same net amount. :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll take it !! got my invite today, but waiting for white interior. If anyone else see's a white interior M3 in the wild, see if you can catch the center console color;; hoping we get white on that too.