White Interior Photos

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did this car have MFG plates? If so, could it be the same one that was spotted months ago?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m shocked the car still has a gray headliner (I know we saw it on the previous spy shot). To me that’s almost a deal breaker on the white interior as you now have 3 major colors instead of 2.

AdamHolmes

Country
Country
Hmm I was hoping the center console was white like the ones at the reveal. I still will prefer white interior, but I'm not sure that I would pay extra for it anymore.

Country
Country
So I notice:
  • Light headliner
  • White dash cover in place of wood
  • No alcantara on doors?
  • Black floor carpet, seat backs and center console
Essentially, it’s like the black interior except for the white materials on the seat, doors and dash. I’m really liking the storm trooper look!

Still looking forward to a more luxurious cream interior.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Details, details. ?
Did this car have MFG plates? If so, could it be the same one that was spotted months ago?
So I notice:
  • Light headliner
  • White dash cover in place of wood
  • No alcantara on doors?
  • Black floor carpet, seat backs and center console
Essentially, it’s like the black interior except for the white materials on the seat, doors and dash. I’m really liking the storm trooper look!

Still looking forward to a more luxurious cream interior.
I’m shocked the car still has a gray headliner (I know we saw it on the previous spy shot). To me that’s almost a deal breaker on the white interior as you now have 3 major colors instead of 2.
I just copied this link from TMC. It was from a Reddit link. NO INFO unfortunately. I was hoping for a black headliner. The gray is one color to many. I like the storm trooper look as well. Black and white is a winner. I’m guessing the door panels are the seat material. Possibly the dash as well? Soft white dash?

Dangermouse

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I saw these last night and poured over them for a while. The 4/1/16 reveal car also had white on the center armrest, center console top, and door armrest/handles, and I think gray seat belts. I bring that up because I think that white interior looked better.

I think they are trying some things out here and this is not the final white interior. The designer in me is thinking that the door armrest/handles at least should be white...seems incongruent to have the black handle attaching into a sea of white (visually).

I hope they tweak this a little when they reveal it. I'll probably go with the black if not (and happily get my car sooner)!

DNR

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I like the black handles and the rest of the look. Too bad they didn't take a picture of a front axle to confirm dual motor. It's going to kill me if they release AWD before white interior.

Petra

Country
Country
I'll be happy if they keep the light headliner--the black headliner can die in a fire. Sounds harsh, I know, but my experience with Tesla's black headliner in the S/X has been that it betrays some of the purpose of selecting a light interior by covering a key area in dark light absorbing material--it counteracts a portion of the light, open, and inviting feeling that you gain from the other light materials.

If all you're looking for is an object to take photos of, then from that aesthetic standpoint, yes, the contrast the black headliner helps to create is striking, dramatic, and beautiful (especially when done in Alcantara)... but the human experience aspect of living and interacting with it is more important to me.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The clean freak in me is wondering if the door panels are fake leather or textile/alcantara like the current models. Those white seats though.... :hearteyes:

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The clean freak in me is wondering if the door panels are fake leather or textile/alcantara like the current models. Those white seats though.... :hearteyes:
On these pictures it sure looks like the white inner door skins are smooth. Maybe even the same white material as the seat? I really like the white interior with the black contrast. Total storm trooper. White on white AWD here if it’s available in the supposed ‘Canadian run’ coming up. Then when someone asks what color my car is I can answer ‘It’s not’. ;)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll be happy if they keep the light headliner--the black headliner can die in a fire. Sounds harsh, I know, but my experience with Tesla's black headliner in the S/X has been that it betrays some of the purpose of selecting a light interior by covering a key area in dark light absorbing material--it counteracts a portion of the light, open, and inviting feeling that you gain from the other light materials.

If all you're looking for is an object to take photos of, then from that aesthetic standpoint, yes, the contrast the black headliner helps to create is striking, dramatic, and beautiful (especially when done in Alcantara)... but the human experience aspect of living and interacting with it is more important to me.
Very good point, but yes its the contrast that I would like versus white seats blending into gray headliner and black bits elsewhere. Moot point, since my interior is black :p

Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think I'd prefer it with black door skins, and the wood dash strip. It's just too busy this way.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I totally get the boredom that we are all suffering from. As soon as I saw this picture, I instantly tried to blow up the pic and look for textures and color patterns. Then it occurred to me....it doesn’t matter aside from maybe the seats.

We have already seen from @SoFlaModel3’s recent mobile service experience that the dash comes apart amazingly easily. I think the whole car is designed this way. It’s like one big LEGO toy. That was one of the main ways to reduce costs was to make options EASILY interchangeable. That will be GREAT for the aftermarket guys. Don’t like wood, pop it out and replace it with carbon fiber. Want real leather headliner? Want purple door inserts? Whatever you want, it will be available on this car from Tesla or from the aftermarket.

Just as we’re creating a user group to exchange Micro USB vs Apple cables, we can have a bigger group to swap almost anything else.

Don’t worry too much about the color combos that we see. Tesla has a history of changing them on the fly and DEFINITELY don’t let it be a deal breaker for you because you can swap out what you don’t like in the future.