White Interior Availability

emolas

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Don’t think we know this for sure yet as the white interior is not truly ‘out’ yet... ;)
I know.
However, in black interior it is Alcantara(or something like that).
The same place is replaced by white in the picture which can be confirmed so far.
So I am worried about it.(Only a little bit.)
My daughter is not so young, but I think that I need to take care.
Especially in the rear seat.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I know.
However, in black interior it is Alcantara(or something like that).
The same place is replaced by white in the picture which can be confirmed so far.
So I am worried about it.(Only a little bit.)
My daughter is not so young, but I think that I need to take care.
Especially in the rear seat.
Time will tell, my dear Japanese friend, time will tell...
And remember, your daughter will be close to 18-24 months less young by the time you finally get your long awaited Model 3! Admire your patience!! ;)

JohnMon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Cream interior...

This is definitely not the right thread here for it but I haven't seen one for a cream interior. However, I do recall someone mentioning a cream interior in the past.
Does anyone know if the cream interior will be an option?

GTV6

Country
Country
Cream interior...

This is definitely not the right thread here for it but I haven't seen one for a cream interior. However, I do recall someone mentioning a cream interior in the past.
It sounds as if it may be an option at some point, but only the white has been specifically promised. Definitely wouldn’t expect it any time soon.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Cream interior...

That info came from here but we haven't seen any cream interiors on any Model 3 ever, so am guessing it's not in the works, for now at least. Tesla has only ever confirmed white interior. Maybe once they really ramp up we'll see more options.

JohnMon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's too bad for me, was thinking of cream interior w/ white exterior. But I'm not waiting for anything, will get what I can.

Country
Country
Let’s hope the steep price isn’t true. Assuming they’re the same material as the black vegan leather, they should stay the same price of $5k as part of the premium upgrades package.

There is, however, another rumor that white interior will first be available only with the dual motor option. Perhaps dual motor will cost $3,500? That sounds pretty reasonable.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The PUP already includes upgraded black vegan seats. My bet is that the white is just another PUP color choice. No ‘extra’ cost. On the S with the upgraded interior black, white and creme vegan are all the same price. The white vegan would just replace the seats, inner door inserts and the dash insert. Out with the wood and black Alcantara door inserts. In with the white.

Last edited:

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
The PUP already includes upgraded black vegan seats. My bet is that the white is just another PUP color choice. No ‘extra’ cost. On the S with the upgraded interior black, white and creme vegan are all the same price. The white vegan would just replace the seats, inner door inserts and the dash insert. Out with the wood and black Alcantara door inserts. In with the white.
agreed - I'm paying an extra $3.5K on top of PUP just to get white, definitely not worth that.
However - if its $3.5K for white AND dual motor then I may just do that.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
agreed - I'm paying an extra $3.5K on top of PUP just to get white, definitely not worth that.
However - if its $3.5K for white AND dual motor then I may just do that.
Would be nice!!! Unfortunately I think Dual motor alone will be 4-5k. If packaged with SAS then even higher. If whites not included in PUP at the current price I believe it’s unfair compared to the S and X.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I was just in the Corte Madera Tesla store yesterday. Got to see and sit in a Red model 3. I asked about white interior. They said it will be available in "Spring" (Which started yesterday!) and that likely if you already have PUP it will just be a choice. Similar to the Model S/X.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I was just in the Corte Madera Tesla store yesterday. Got to see and sit in a Red model 3. I asked about white interior. They said it will be available in "Spring" (Which started yesterday!) and that likely if you already have PUP it will just be a choice. Similar to the Model S/X.
"Those who talk don't know what is going on and those who know what is going on won't talk."

- Larry Speakes, White House Press Secretary under Ronald Reagan

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I'm now slightly conflicted :)
I'm expecting my invite any moment, others close in the same line have had invites already.
But, I'll be mildly annoyed if I missed the opportunity to get white interior by a few weeks.

I guess I'll know what I decided when I get the invite :D

Joaquin

Country
Country
I'm now slightly conflicted :)
Same here.
I would like white, but I prefer to have it as early as possible even if it's black interior.
Being able to get white in the following 2 weeks would be a very nice "consolation price" if I am not invited this week or the next.
But so far it's just a rumor, so I wont delay my configuration based only on that.

m3neko

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I can't see why Tesla would up-charge so much for the white seats; sounds like bunk to me... The white interior on Model X isn't even leather; it's a vinyl, so I'd imagine that when they do offer it for M3, it'll either be the same price or possibly a inconsequential up-charge.