White Interior Availability

Fredbob711

Country
Country
I have to admit, I was not a fan of the white interior at first, but it's growing on me. It really does look sharp.

My concern is, how hard is it to keep those seats clean? I can't keep a white t-shirt clean for 5 minutes in my house, I just can't see how my interior wouldn't end up looking disgusting after like a week.

My wife and I saw a Model X with a white interior at one of the Drive Electric events. It looked like they had a couple kids and somehow managed to keep it clean... so I just don't know what to do.

Country
Country
I have to admit, I was not a fan of the white interior at first, but it's growing on me. It really does look sharp.

My concern is, how hard is it to keep those seats clean? I can't keep a white t-shirt clean for 5 minutes in my house, I just can't see how my interior wouldn't end up looking disgusting after like a week.

My wife and I saw a Model X with a white interior at one of the Drive Electric events. It looked like they had a couple kids and somehow managed to keep it clean... so I just don't know what to do.
I will wait for white interior mainly because the other choice seems to be only black which I think not only feels gloomy but also gets hot in sunny Florida. It may be a little hard to keep it clean although not as hard as your white t-shirt.

jvmoore1

Country
Country

Here is a video of the white interior on the Model X after 20,000 miles

Country
Country
I think he also stated in the video that the instruction manual calls for rubbing alcohol to clean the seats.

Reviews of the white interior are pretty good but it still requires more maintenance to keep looking like new. I’m on the fence because of this. But as far as looks are concerned, I’m sold on:

1) Cream
2) White

DAErik just posted a video on his white interior:
Only a single data point, but it is informative.

GTV6

Country
Country
Forum member/owners last winter generally reported great satisfaction with the white interior. Here is the product that was favorably reviewed: Wurth Evo Super Spray All. Available at goodspeedmotoring.com for $13.99.

I want the white for all the reasons cited but I’ll forgo if necessary. Reserved 3/31 online 7:30PST non-owner Jan to Mar window. I predict June 1 delivery. I’m drooling but happy in anticipation.

Country
Country
I received a call from Tesla just now based on my input to their feedback forum.

“We are working hard to build the Model 3s but do not have an estimate for white interior trim at this time. Hopefully by the time you are invited to configure. “

She was very nice.

Anywho, nothing new but thought to pass on the experience.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
nteresting that it also has the gray headliner. I would have expected black...
I love the white interior and I so much prefer a light grey or white headliner.
White seats and headliner make the car look much more spacious.
But as always, we just have to wait till the moment we can / will order.

kendthomp

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I, too received a call from Jay in Fremont. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the call was from Fremont. Alas, he just told me there was no real way to make my wishes known about my desire for a "non black" option. He did mention that White was coming this year but he didn't know when. Also there was no mention of Cream...

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also just received a call from Tesla in Fremont regarding my query about white seats and lady told me that there they could not say. I asked if they could at least tell me if it would be first half or second half of this year and she said they could not even tell me that.

So…. I asked if she could tell me when I could expect to be invited to configure and to that question she was far more certain. She told me that it could be as soon as 2 weeks and as long as 6 weeks.
My situation is:
• Non Owner
• Line Stander
• California
As we all know the people working in the stores don’t know much but this person works at the factory and specifically called me back to discuss an email I sent last week. I am impressed

emolas

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The white part of the door panel is Alcantara?
I think vegan leather is better there.
Because it is a place where children often touch.
I'd like a white interior, but if that is Alcantara It's will be a very difficult decision.