Suggestion Which software updates are you wanting/expecting from your Model 3?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Most popular features we'd like to see

• Roll up windows via remote app or keyfob

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Stop indexing my media on the USB drive every time I get in the car. Let me chose when

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Add the display and read of text messages

Votes: 110 40.7%
  • Button to repeat the next direction to take with the GPS

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Create an IFTTT service

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Decrease the presence of the low tire pressure notification, such as for windshield washer fluid

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • In the application, detailed log (Trips, KM, Charge, etc.)

Votes: 45 16.7%
  • In the application, display if unsecured vehicle (door(s) badly closed and/or open window(s)) etc

Votes: 84 31.1%
  • In the application, Scheduler (HVAC, Clim, Charge, etc.)

Votes: 38 14.1%
  • On voice command, change Mobile, Home, Office, etc. text by icons

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Options / Vehicule, Enable "Smart Preconditionning" (as in the X model)

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Replace Slacker with Spotify

Votes: 98 36.3%
  • Pause phone playback and stay paused

• More voice controls for media

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Display release notes BEFORE applying the update

Votes: 41 15.2%
  • Phone push reminder if you forgot to plug in at night

Votes: 28 10.4%
  • Double tap on the parking button to bring up the door controls on Model X

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Keep media tray minimized when I tell it to. It keeps popping up

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Use side cameras during parking

Votes: 73 27.0%
  • Use side cameras during lane changes

Votes: 66 24.4%
  • Passenger seat position stored in driver profile

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Waypoint support in navigation

Votes: 58 21.5%
  • Allow lane change aggressively to be selectable on right scroll wheel

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Location-aware door locking setting (disable when at home)

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Alternate route support in navigation

Votes: 53 19.6%
  • Add rear camera to TeslaCam

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • More sensitive automatic volume

• Faster volume control response

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Power trunk retrofit kit

Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Expand driver profile to include audio settings, more preferences

Votes: 28 10.4%
  • Add Waze support/integration

Votes: 49 18.1%

• Total voters

StromTrooperM3

Country
Country
Would you want info on your dash cam videos like streets, direction, speed, time etc?
It would be great if it included this meta data that you could turn on or off within a Tesla specific viewing program.

I also wish the dash cam timestamp matches the cars local time. Maybe it's changed in v10 I don't review the footage much

Auto close of all windows if rain is sensed is really a big one I'd love to see and since window control has been added to the app I'd think this would be fairly easy to implement

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What happens when you cross into another time zone and the file names now need to be the same as those of files recorded an hour earlier?
And a similar issue when switching to/from DST.

I don't know how other users would react, but I think it would be fine to have the timestamp that's used as part of the filename be in the car's local timezone, while the filesystem's timestamp for the file is kept in UTC. WDYT?

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
option to have seat heater settings NOT tied to any profile (co-pilot is sick and tired of turning her seat heater on, only to have to do it again once I put the car in reverse...),
Bingo. With all due respect to those living in colder climates, Houston winters mean it can be 43 in the morning and 78 in the afternoon. There‘s no relationship between our butt warmer setting preferences now and what they were the last time we used the car. Give us the option to turn off heaters automatically when the car autolocks and keep them off until manually set.

Related to this is the fact that passenger seat heater settings are included in the profile as well. I don’t see the sense of turning on a passenger seat heater the next time the car is used regardless of whether there’s a butt in the seat. (Apologize if this has already been corrected with a recent software upgrade.)

StromTrooperM3

Country
Country
What happens when you cross into another time zone and the file names now need to be the same as those of files recorded an hour earlier?
Valid point I didn't think of that scenario. I've never driven cross timezones I fly.

would be fine to have the timestamp that's used as part of the filename be in the car's local timezone, while the filesystem's timestamp for the file is kept in UTC
Another good option. I don't really care how it's done. More likely I just haven't used the footage enough to understand how it lines up to my local timezones. Usually it's user error 😂

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Less negative FSD decoupling sound. (My wife always gets into a mood when she hears it, especially if I’m stepping in because of something FSD is doing wrong).
Less negative autopilot non coupling sound. There needs to be a sound, but it does not need to be a negative sounding sound.
Next two have improved a bit with the latest updates. Better parked car recognition, so it doesn’t hit the brakes suddenly. Better car crossing in front of me or turning ahead of me recognition, so it doesn’t hit the brakes for no reason. It takes a while to accelerate after the car in front of me turns.
Faster recognition of my Bluetooth key when I press the charging button.
Police car recognition, haha, connection to Waze...
Edit to add:
Bigger buttons in the climate control screen
Rather than reject autopilot immediately, if it can’t, let it try for a couple of seconds (needs a good safety analysis though).
Sentry mode and summon standby mode efficiency improvements (15 miles a day is too much).
2nd edit to add:
Ability to turn off summon standby mode remotely (I prefer it on, but when I park at the airport, and I am halfway across the world watching my battery drain, it would be so nice to turn that off)
3rd edit:
Most important request so far, ability to switch sides when playing chess. I like to start with black, but it doesn’t let me turn the board. Gotta dabble in the dark side to know how to defeat it.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've mentioned this one before, but with some of my previous wishes implemented (thanks, Tesla!) I think my number one easily-implementable request is now being able to access the front camera view, with projection lines similar to those for the backup camera. I'm not sure why the M3 still seems harder to me to front-in park than other cars (lack of a large hood? poor sight lines?), but it does. Back-in parking is such a snap, it seems absurd in such a high-tech vehicle to have to get out of the car to see if I'm too close to the edge of the spot. (I've also got a spot I use maybe once a month at work where there's a short end-of-spot barrier that the ultrasonics don't identify. They focus instead on a curb about a foot further away. So I often bump in to that end of spot barrier, or overcorrect and end up sticking out the back of the spot.)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've mentioned this one before, but with some of my previous wishes implemented (thanks, Tesla!) I think my number one easily-implementable request is now being able to access the front camera view, with projection lines similar to those for the backup camera. I'm not sure why the M3 still seems harder to me to front-in park than other cars (lack of a large hood? poor sight lines?), but it does. Back-in parking is such a snap, it seems absurd in such a high-tech vehicle to have to get out of the car to see if I'm too close to the edge of the spot. (I've also got a spot I use maybe once a month at work where there's a short end-of-spot barrier that the ultrasonics don't identify. They focus instead on a curb about a foot further away. So I often bump in to that end of spot barrier, or overcorrect and end up sticking out the back of the spot.)
Yet another reason to always use back-in parking.
<ducks>

Sjohnson20

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Spotify cache please. Every time I get in the car Spotify is stopped and it’s complete silence until I mess with the screen to find the playlist. It happens at home, and away from home too. Slacker has no issues like that so they should be able to fix.

Sentry mode viewing of videos in the car. When you get in and it says events you should be able to look at a thumbnail view at least and maybe play a quick clip.

Sentry mode viewing in the app would be nice too.

dpjaquith

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Display of Sentry videos. The car display tells me that 'x sentry events have occurred.' The pertinent videos should have been saved automatically (if I have a drive installed), and tapping on the 'x sentry events have occurred' should display a list of the date & time of the events over the map (left or right depending on where in the world you are). Tapping on one of the date/time from the list should play the 4 videos from that event simultaneously (left, front above back, right), with options to save or delete.
Would love to have sentry events reported in the phone app, too.

Kimmo57

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd like the wiper controls and the tire pressure info switched, so you could swipe the wiper controls out to be available all the time.