Suggestion Which software updates are you wanting/expecting from your Model 3?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Most popular features we'd like to see

• Roll up windows via remote app or keyfob

Votes: 58 20.2%
  • Stop indexing my media on the USB drive every time I get in the car. Let me chose when

Votes: 48 16.7%
  • Add the display and read of text messages

Votes: 112 39.0%
  • Button to repeat the next direction to take with the GPS

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • Create an IFTTT service

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Decrease the presence of the low tire pressure notification, such as for windshield washer fluid

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • In the application, detailed log (Trips, KM, Charge, etc.)

Votes: 48 16.7%
  • In the application, display if unsecured vehicle (door(s) badly closed and/or open window(s)) etc

Votes: 93 32.4%
  • In the application, Scheduler (HVAC, Clim, Charge, etc.)

Votes: 43 15.0%
  • On voice command, change Mobile, Home, Office, etc. text by icons

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Options / Vehicule, Enable "Smart Preconditionning" (as in the X model)

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Replace Slacker with Spotify

Votes: 102 35.5%
  • Pause phone playback and stay paused

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • More voice controls for media

Votes: 22 7.7%
  • Display release notes BEFORE applying the update

Votes: 45 15.7%
  • Phone push reminder if you forgot to plug in at night

Votes: 33 11.5%
  • Double tap on the parking button to bring up the door controls on Model X

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Keep media tray minimized when I tell it to. It keeps popping up

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Use side cameras during parking

Votes: 84 29.3%
  • Use side cameras during lane changes

Votes: 77 26.8%
  • Passenger seat position stored in driver profile

Votes: 38 13.2%
  • Waypoint support in navigation

Votes: 62 21.6%
  • Allow lane change aggressively to be selectable on right scroll wheel

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Location-aware door locking setting (disable when at home)

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • Alternate route support in navigation

Votes: 62 21.6%
  • Add rear camera to TeslaCam

Votes: 51 17.8%
  • More sensitive automatic volume

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • Faster volume control response

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Power trunk retrofit kit

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • Expand driver profile to include audio settings, more preferences

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • Add Waze support/integration

Votes: 57 19.9%

• Total voters

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello everyone,

I use Sentry mode a lot. I am fairly protective of my Model 3 and I live in a condo and I have a middle space between a very large car that comes and goes a lot with a lot of passengers and another resident who constantly parks very crooked. While I hate the additional charging I have to do because of it, I am thankful for Sentry Mode to keep an eye on the car in case something should happen *knock on wood*

I really like the Save on Honk feature and the dash cam footage saved to the Recents folder and when tapping the camera icon.

I was curious what anybody else thinks about what features are missing from the car dash cam compared to standalone dashcams or just improvements they'd wish to see.

Would you want info on your dash cam videos like streets, direction, speed, time etc? The ability to turn off the lights from flickering? Watching videos in the car/ More easily on your phone? Sentry event notifications to your phone? Just curious what others think! Thank you!
Watching in the car seems like it should be pretty easy to implement, and would be very useful.

Watching remotely over the phone is trickier, because of bandwidth issues. Some form of it would be nice, though.

cain04

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Watching in the car seems like it should be pretty easy to implement, and would be very useful.

Watching remotely over the phone is trickier, because of bandwidth issues. Some form of it would be nice, though.
Hotspotting is always a workaround depending on your setup but seems time-consuming as well.

I think i would like an option for some data to be over-layed on the clips if I chose it, like speed, direction, streets. Might be helpful to use if you like data on your trips and drives, help with accidents, speeding tickets etc.

Thoughts?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks like we’re getting a new sentry mode feature! We suggested to Elon to use the interior cam and mic to record if there’s a break in

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For many people, that's not a practical option.
You may not want to, and that's fine, but it's not impractical to upgrade your plan rather than pay Tesla $10/month.
I'm limited to 2 GB per month on my plan, and it doesn't allow tethering anyway.
Goodness, are you grandfathered into a plan from 2005? ;)
I've got 7 lines of unlimited data that includes 20GB/month of tethering for each line for $165 total.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've got 7 lines of unlimited data that includes 20GB/month of tethering for each line for $165 total.
Which carrier do you use? I pay $235 for 5 lines with unlimited data (no tethering) through AT&T 🤦🏻‍♂️

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Which carrier do you use? I pay $235 for 5 lines with unlimited data (no tethering) through AT&T 🤦🏻‍♂️
AT&T is one of the most expensive. They hack me off, but I stay because of where my family is and the coverage I get.

@garsh, until just a year ago I had the original ATT/iPhone unlimited data plan for $40/month, total bill was $75. I finally gave it up to get tethering, but my plan went up $25/month just to get that. I had a corporate discount on the previous plan too, but they don't allow them with the unlimited tethering plans. So I'm paying $105/month for a single phone with an unlimited plan and tethering allowed. I know I can find a bit cheaper but some of us are set in our ways, plus I like to have a signal in the rural areas of Oklahoma, so I stay where I'm at.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I finally gave it up to get tethering, but my plan went up $25/month just to get that.
It certainly puts Tesla's $10/month charge into perspective.
I know I can find a bit cheaper but some of us are set in our ways, plus I like to have a signal in the rural areas of Oklahoma, so I stay where I'm at.
Yep, there are definitely valid reasons for not wanting to switch carriers. Everybody's situation will be different, and each of us have to decide if we'd rather tether the car (and maybe change our mobile plan to accommodate that), or just pay Tesla the $10/month.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You may not want to, and that's fine, but it's not impractical to upgrade your plan rather than pay Tesla $10/month.

I pay $15 per month. That's part of what let me stretch to afford a Tesla.

So yes, I ponied up the $10 per month for Premium Connectivity.

Based on previous discussions on these forums, I think you may be underestimating the fraction of Tesla owners who do not have unlimited data plans on their phones, or who do not have plans that allow tethering. $100+ per month additional would be equivalent to about 15% of my car payment on the Tesla. I think it's fair to say that for some of us that's impractical.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
AT&T is one of the most expensive. They hack me off, but I stay because of where my family is and the coverage I get.

@garsh, until just a year ago I had the original ATT/iPhone unlimited data plan for $40/month, total bill was $75. I finally gave it up to get tethering, but my plan went up $25/month just to get that. I had a corporate discount on the previous plan too, but they don't allow them with the unlimited tethering plans. So I'm paying $105/month for a single phone with an unlimited plan and tethering allowed. I know I can find a bit cheaper but some of us are set in our ways, plus I like to have a signal in the rural areas of Oklahoma, so I stay where I'm at.
Time to explore options. AT&T service is horrible anyway!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So yes, I ponied up the $10 per month for Premium Connectivity.
I think that's a good choice. It's simpler than tethering the car to your phone for every drive, and it includes a few more features that tethering doesn't get you. You do miss out on other uses of tethering, but that's not useful to everyone.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It may have been mentioned, but full screen browser. I did the "youtube workaround" a couple times and it works, but still. Why the heck can you not go fullscreen with the browser?

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’d love to see current elevation on the map (perhaps only when the car has all overlays displaying to be less distracting).

Hotspotting is always a workaround depending on your setup but seems time-consuming as well.

I think i would like an option for some data to be over-layed on the clips if I chose it, like speed, direction, streets. Might be helpful to use if you like data on your trips and drives, help with accidents, speeding tickets etc.

Thoughts?
Maybe that info could live on the side or below to help fill out an HD frame without covering up any of the video (since the raw stream is smaller). I think it might compress better that way too.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Sorry to the regular crowd...and welcome any newbies to my regular, once in a while wish/rant list:
  • option to automatically disable "walk away lock" whilst parked at home base (akin to Sentry Mode automatic settings),
  • anytime "walk away lock" is not active for any reason, including new software "glitches", the lock icon should be bright yellow in color to warn the operator of an unusual software setting/state,
  • as per V8.x, the % SOC battery icon should always be visible, next to the ETA of the current active navigation trip,
  • option to have seat heater settings NOT tied to any profile (co-pilot is sick and tired of turning her seat heater on, only to have to do it again once I put the car in reverse...),
  • an honest (minimum of) two songs worth of memory/cache so Spotify does NOT stop every-time there is an interruption in streaming connectivity,
  • "dumb" old fashioned cruise control...and I'll sign any legal waiver Tesla wants me to...so I can comfortable drive long distances on two lane highways without the worry of any phantom braking events every couple of minutes/hours/never for today...