Suggestion Which software updates are you wanting/expecting from your Model 3?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Most popular features we'd like to see

• Roll up windows via remote app or keyfob

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • Stop indexing my media on the USB drive every time I get in the car. Let me chose when

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • Add the display and read of text messages

Votes: 110 40.7%
  • Button to repeat the next direction to take with the GPS

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Create an IFTTT service

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Decrease the presence of the low tire pressure notification, such as for windshield washer fluid

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • In the application, detailed log (Trips, KM, Charge, etc.)

Votes: 45 16.7%
  • In the application, display if unsecured vehicle (door(s) badly closed and/or open window(s)) etc

Votes: 84 31.1%
  • In the application, Scheduler (HVAC, Clim, Charge, etc.)

Votes: 38 14.1%
  • On voice command, change Mobile, Home, Office, etc. text by icons

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Options / Vehicule, Enable "Smart Preconditionning" (as in the X model)

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Replace Slacker with Spotify

Votes: 98 36.3%
  • Pause phone playback and stay paused

• More voice controls for media

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Display release notes BEFORE applying the update

Votes: 41 15.2%
  • Phone push reminder if you forgot to plug in at night

Votes: 28 10.4%
  • Double tap on the parking button to bring up the door controls on Model X

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Keep media tray minimized when I tell it to. It keeps popping up

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Use side cameras during parking

Votes: 73 27.0%
  • Use side cameras during lane changes

Votes: 66 24.4%
  • Passenger seat position stored in driver profile

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Waypoint support in navigation

Votes: 58 21.5%
  • Allow lane change aggressively to be selectable on right scroll wheel

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Location-aware door locking setting (disable when at home)

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Alternate route support in navigation

Votes: 53 19.6%
  • Add rear camera to TeslaCam

Votes: 48 17.8%
  • More sensitive automatic volume

• Faster volume control response

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Power trunk retrofit kit

Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Expand driver profile to include audio settings, more preferences

Votes: 28 10.4%
  • Add Waze support/integration

Votes: 49 18.1%

• Total voters

HrdTsk

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was recently parking in an underground downtown lot on the way to see Barber of Seville. Wife and kids were talking, Una Voce Poco Fa playing in car, and another car parking next to me at same time. Multiple distractions caused me to back up too far and I kissed a concrete wall (no damage thankfully). The notification for getting to within too close a distance from an object should be more distinguishable (i.e. if you are within 6 inches the notice should be a loud buzzer instead of a chime).

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was recently parking in an underground downtown lot on the way to see Barber of Seville. Wife and kids were talking, Una Voce Poco Fa playing in car, and another car parking next to me at same time. Multiple distractions caused me to back up too far and I kissed a concrete wall (no damage thankfully). The notification for getting to within too close a distance from an object should be more distinguishable (i.e. if you are within 6 inches the notice should be a loud buzzer instead of a chime).
When I get close to things my warnings switch from chimes to beeps.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Two items.

First:
  • the ability to enter when my peak rates actually exist, plus
  • the ability to use this data to throttle the rate of charging during those periods.
Example of use: The user enters a desired departure time 0930 with 100% SOC. The software would figure when to start the charge such that the SOC would be around 96% when my morning peak rate period 0700-0900 begins. At 0700 the charge rate would auto throttle down to 1% per hour. At 0900 the charge rate would throttle up again to finish at 0930 at 100% SOC.

In the above scenario, the car would spend no time at 100% SOC, the amount of energy used between 0700 and 0900 would be about 1.5 kWh and the battery would be somewhat warmed by the continued charging up to the planned 0930 departure time.

Second:

The ability for a driver to "focus" the UI such that the need for bifocals would be eliminated.

This "focused for someone without 20/20 vision" setup would be part of their profile settings.

-----------------

And another month goes by, and again still wishing for walk away lock to automatically turn off at home garage (if desired).......and if walk away lock is off for away reason the lock icon should be yellow.

HrdTsk

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When I get close to things my warnings switch from chimes to beeps.
Exactly....that's my point. The warning should not be melodic. I would suggest a buzzer-like or other amelodic warning, distance from object that elicits warning adjustable, loudness of warning adjustable, able to turn on and off, associated visual warning that's unmistakable (i.e. flashing screen)

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Exactly....that's my point. The warning should not be melodic. I would suggest a buzzer-like or other amelodic warning, distance from object that elicits warning adjustable, loudness of warning adjustable, able to turn on and off, associated visual warning that's unmistakable (i.e. flashing screen)
It does change tones pretty drastically and the display goes from # of inches away to a red "Stop" on the screen. I'm not sure what more you need...

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It does change tones pretty drastically and the display goes from # of inches away to a red "Stop" on the screen. I'm not sure what more you need...
It sounds like @HrdTsk would just prefer something more audibly jarring, more atonal, so that it stands out more from the series of soft "getting a little close" tones.

For me personally, the current "STOP" sound does the trick.

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't have autopilot, but I'm going to go ahead and bump the suggestions for standard cruise control so that maybe it will be available when I buy my next Tesla in 3-4 years. Also, CC resume option. Still on the list.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Less negative autopilot decoupling sound. (My wife always gets into a mood when she hears it, especially if I’m stepping in for some reason).
Less negative autopilot non coupling sound. There needs to be a sound, but it doesn’t need to be a bad sound.
Next two are almost fully solved with 40, yay. Better parked car recognition, so it doesn’t hit the brakes suddenly.
Better car crossing in front of me or turning ahead of me recognition, so it doesn’t hit the brakes for no reason.
Faster recognition of my Bluetooth key when I press the charging button.
Police car recognition, haha.
Edit to add:
Bigger buttons in the climate control screen
Rather than reject autopilot immediately, if it can’t, let it try for a couple of seconds (needs a good safety analysis though).
Sentry mode and summon standby mode efficiency improvements (15 miles a day is too much).
2nd edit to add:
Ability to turn off summon standby mode remotely (I prefer it on, but when I park at the airport, and I am halfway across the world watching my battery drain, it would be so nice to turn that off)

Last edited:

WonkoTheSane

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not Model 3 specific, but I would like to have the option of seeing a badge on my phone app icon which shows battery %. I would also like to see its refresh rate adjustable in the app.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd like to see some feature that's actually L3 autonomy. Tesla's focus, instead, has been extending L2 to more and more situations.

I think this might be the most feasible short-term: Autonomous Summon. (Not a great term, but I need to call it something.)

What I'm picturing is a separate Summon option that does not require holding the button down and does not specify line-of-sight. For the first iteration, the car travels even more slowly than Smart Summon, refuses to proceed in any situation that's remotely complex (e.g. significant vehicle or pedestrian traffic), and stops based on data from ultrasonics, radar, or visible (as opposed to Smart Summon, which sometimes seems to make a judgement based on the combination).

In the first iteration, I'm imagining that 95% of the times people try it it fails to complete. At that point, you can run out to your car or switch to Smart Summon, which is L2 and thus requires monitoring.

Sure, the reaction of most people would be "I can't get the feature to work," which is also something people have often said about early versions of Autopark. But it would occasionally be useful--perhaps for moving the car around on your own property, or for a deserted parking lot late at night. And it would establish the ability of the car to drive on its own, without constant monitoring. Once that barrier is breached, it could be gradually expanded to fail less often and to encompass more situations.

cain04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello everyone,

I use Sentry mode a lot. I am fairly protective of my Model 3 and I live in a condo and I have a middle space between a very large car that comes and goes a lot with a lot of passengers and another resident who constantly parks very crooked. While I hate the additional charging I have to do because of it, I am thankful for Sentry Mode to keep an eye on the car in case something should happen *knock on wood*

I really like the Save on Honk feature and the dash cam footage saved to the Recents folder and when tapping the camera icon.

I was curious what anybody else thinks about what features are missing from the car dash cam compared to standalone dashcams or just improvements they'd wish to see.

Would you want info on your dash cam videos like streets, direction, speed, time etc? The ability to turn off the lights from flickering? Watching videos in the car/ More easily on your phone? Sentry event notifications to your phone? Just curious what others think! Thank you!