Suggestion Which software updates are you wanting/expecting from your Model 3?

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Most popular features we'd like to see

• Roll up windows via remote app or keyfob

Votes: 39 18.6%
  • Stop indexing my media on the USB drive every time I get in the car. Let me chose when

Votes: 48 22.9%
  • Add the display and read of text messages

Votes: 83 39.5%
  • Button to repeat the next direction to take with the GPS

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Create an IFTTT service

• Decrease the presence of the low tire pressure notification, such as for windshield washer fluid

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • In the application, detailed log (Trips, KM, Charge, etc.)

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • In the application, display if unsecured vehicle (door(s) badly closed and/or open window(s)) etc

Votes: 60 28.6%
  • In the application, Scheduler (HVAC, Clim, Charge, etc.)

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • On voice command, change Mobile, Home, Office, etc. text by icons

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Options / Vehicule, Enable "Smart Preconditionning" (as in the X model)

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Replace Slacker with Spotify

Votes: 86 41.0%
  • Pause phone playback and stay paused

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • More voice controls for media

• Display release notes BEFORE applying the update

Votes: 20 9.5%
  • Phone push reminder if you forgot to plug in at night

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • Double tap on the parking button to bring up the door controls on Model X

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Keep media tray minimized when I tell it to. It keeps popping up

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Use side cameras during parking

Votes: 33 15.7%
  • Use side cameras during lane changes

Votes: 26 12.4%
  • Passenger seat position stored in driver profile

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Waypoint support in navigation

Votes: 26 12.4%
  • Allow lane change aggressively to be selectable on right scroll wheel

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Location-aware door locking setting (disable when at home)

• Alternate route support in navigation

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Add rear camera to TeslaCam

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • More sensitive automatic volume

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Faster volume control response

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Power trunk retrofit kit

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Expand driver profile to include audio settings, more preferences

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Add Waze support/integration

Votes: 23 11.0%

• Total voters

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Sorry if some of these are duplicates - rather hard to detail-check 31 pages of comments :)

* Select driver-profile based on which phone is present (or near driver-door)
* View dash cam/sentry recordings from internal display
* AP should detect/read speed-limit signs rather than rely on map-data
* Automatic clean-up of USB-stick (delete oldest recordings when near full)
* Waypoints
* Multiple favorites in navigation
* Access to favorite on iPhone phone-app - i.e. access to not only the full address book and recents but also those numbers/people marked as "favorite" on the phone
* Memory/profile for passenger seat settings
My copilot would appreciate the memory/profile for the pax seat.

After every single "show and tell" session with the car, I get a debrief about the seat position being all screwed up.

abrighton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd suggest either getting a better sync between music and call volume, or pause music after a call ends. Right now have to turn up the volume for calls, and when the call ends music continues and blasts you deaf.

Also, the call volume and the "hang-up" ding have the same sync problem. When a ca hangs up, it sounds like you're getting wacked in the head by bat.

Deslah

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Geofence the Lock Confirmation Sound so there's no sound when at known-to-be-safe or otherwise sensitive locations. I want it to honk when parking at work ( an underground garage), but silent when parking at home where it can disturb sleeping neighbors. If wanting to take it further, maybe make it time window dependent--never honking between a selectable range of hours, for example between 10pm and 07am.

Gabzqc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Option to override scheduled charging time by pressing button on charge wand when plugged in. Saves me opening the app to start charging or going back into the car....

Also, keep screen on and playing music \AC when passenger in seat! Just because all the doors are closed, does not mean the car is empty!

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
How about Lane Select from the touchscreen for one-touch move to your preferred lane.
To bring this though one step further, how about shoulder side of lane "bias" when using two lane highways.

Yesterday I drove 364 kms on a two lane highway.

With autosteer sticking to the very center of the lane, every oncoming vehicle was definitely veering away towards thier shoulder side of thier lane.

I always took control anytime a transport truck was approaching from the other direction.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update 2019.24.4... just installed and EDLA is now user defaulted, i.e. the disable stays disabled when user selected between drives. WooHoo. So, that’s one of my wishes granted. Now, for better wipe controls.

Cjh311

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Feature request 1: Avoid potholes while in autopilot. The car still stays in its lane but will swerve to avoid giant pot holes...
Feature request 2: prompt message to allow merging car to go in front of you...instead of aggressively closing the gap or jamming on the brakes...the humans know what’s happening, why can’t the car see it!

FurryOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd like to see Apple CarPlay so that I can use Apple Maps & Navigation. Right now it sucks to only be able to navigate using the one route the car decides on.

Also, autopilot doesn't see obstacles in the road that may puncture a tire. Yesterday I had to wrench control away to avoid debris in my lane that was at least 6"x6" - autopilot wanted to run right over it.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Feature request 2: prompt message to allow merging car to go in front of you...instead of aggressively closing the gap or jamming on the brakes...the humans know what’s happening, why can’t the car see it!
it does this if you are next to a merging lane already (but not yet for the other adjacent lanes and their merging/signaling cars).

Franklin L

Country
Country
1. Advanced audio warnings for blind spots. Right now, the audio warns you only if crashes are imminent. If there was an audio clue that someone was in your blind spot when your blinker was on ( but before you tried to change lanes), this would provide the needed advanced warning. The blinker noise could potentially be configured to sound differently in that setting, and this would keep the sound from being annoying. The loud noise could be reserved for the imminent crash warning. The visual blindspot display isn’t helpful on a model 3, since its awkward to look at the touchscreen when changing lanes. Retrofitting blindspot lights on the side mirrors would be ideal.

2. Model S-like menu for the steering wheel buttons on the model 3. The S has a menu where it’s activated by a button on the steering wheel. This should be replicated on the 3, so we can get access to things like fan and wiper speed from the steering wheel buttons.

3. Control of wiper speed with steering wheel buttons. If not implemented in #2, I’d like to see a way to control wiper speed without taking my eyes off the road to look at the touchscreen. Doing so is dangerous and the auto wipers still work poorly. Cycling through button pushes with the wiper stalk is one way to control wiper speed. Another is to make the scroll button do this shortly after the wiper button is pushed, but I’d prefer all the controls to be at the wiper stalk myself.

4. Higher power USB C ports instead of USB A ones, to fast charge iPhones.

5. Allow adjustments to auto dimming mirrors. They’re too dark when combined with window tint.

6. Dim touchscreen when entering a dark area like a garage. The screen is too bright now, and when it’s dark enough to turn on the auto headlights, the screen should also dim.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
6. Dim touchscreen when entering a dark area like a garage. The screen is too bright now, and when it’s dark enough to turn on the auto headlights, the screen should also dim.
auto dimming of the screen was added a few software releases ago. go into the Display tab, and make sure the Auto is selected, then slide the % to where you want it as a minimum (based on the current lighting conditions) for both "Day" and "Night".

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Really need to solve this TOU (time of use) charging rates problem. Rather than just a start time we need a time window (start and end time) when the car is allowed to charge. Right now as of v2019.24 the car, even when scheduled to start charging off peek, keeps topping of during high price TOU which requires user to wake up early in the morning and disconnect the car. Pain in the ass.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the car, even when scheduled to start charging off peek, keeps topping of during high price TOU which requires user to wake up early in the morning and disconnect the car. Pain in the ass.
Instead of disconnecting the car, go into your phone app and lower the charge level to something less than the current charged state.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Instead of disconnecting the car, go into your phone app and lower the charge level to something less than the current charged state.
Yea but that's not much better because I still have to wake up early instead of my normal wake up time and do that and then I have to remember to move it back. Why not just have this problem be fixed once and for all instead of fart apps and whatever nonsense. We need the basic functionality of the car to work properly. Overall I am disappointed in the software Tesla makes. My car keeps getting worse with each update, contrary to what people usually say.

- This charging problem was not an issue with previous versions.
- My car use to unlock with my phone 100% when I got the car but now 30% of the time
- The last update just did something to the rear camera's colors and now they look over-saturated and ugly
- A previous update broke my fan; stopped working when put to 10; later they fixed it in another release
- Another update broke my lumbar support it stopped working for several versions then they fixed it in another release

They got some lousy programmers because they keep breaking things.

Gatornail

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I want them to add an option to be able to indicate to the car that you don’t have destination charging at the destination in navigation. The car assumes that you can charge at your destination when it calculates the need for charging on a trip, but there are times when I can’t charge at the destination and need to make sure I have enough juice to get back to a nearby Supercharger (for instance when I have to stay at a hotel that doesn’t have a charger or when I visit my family where there’s no working outlet to plug into)

Franklin L

Country
Country
I’d like to see some sort of alert logging.

99% of the time when the car beeps at me, I know it’s a false positive, but I don’t usually know why. There should be some sort of text that says what it thought was happening and an automatic sentry mode capture. This would make it easier to send bug reports back to Tesla and let the driver know if something was truly wrong or not.