Which adapter do you use most with the UMC?

Which adapter do you use most often with your UMC?

• Total voters

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If the car is plugged into a Wall Connector or Mobile Connector, the part number for the EVSE (and adapter, if applicable) show up on the CAN bus.

So, yes, if you charge with Tesla-provided equipment, the car knows exactly what you're using. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tesla tracked charging equipment type in aggregate, nor would I be shocked if this data helped drive their decision to stop including the NEMA 14-50 adapter.
Very good find, I did not recall that being specifically discovered. Finish the thought for me :) They quit adding it in the bag automatically because it wasn't used or to sell after market for the profit? I believe it to be the second.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They quit adding it in the bag automatically because it wasn't used or to sell after market for the profit? I believe it to be the second.
It's to help lower the cost of the vehicle. If the majority of people end up not using the 14-50 adapter, and you're trying desperately to cut costs in an attempt to be profitable on a $35k car, then it's a quick and easy way to reduce vehicle cost.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know I would really have preferred at delivery time them including a 5-15 and "your choice of L2-ish" plug.
My house 6-20
Parents house 6-30
Inlaws 6-50 @ 40A breaker
My nonprofit: 14-30