Where to go and get my New Forged Wheels put on my Model 3 Performance, in the Tampa, Fl. area.

P J

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looking for a Reliable, Knowledgeable, Shop to install my New Forged Wheels, in the Tampa, St. Pete, Sarasota, area. I have a 2018 Tesla Model 3, Performance, I need the Tires removed from the original 20" rims and installed and Balanced, on my New Forged Wheels. Just need a Shop with a tire Machine,

Last edited:

tesla m3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Why do you need a shop to install your rims? You can get a jack from Harbor Freight for $100 and do it yourself. It will be beneficial in the long run because you can then rotate your tires on your own, and lets you avoid shops damaging your car.

edit: just make sure to get a puck so you don't damage the bottom: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-SR-Bi...oint-Pad-Adapter-Tool-RED-Qty-4/401749485655?

and get a torque wrench to install the lug nuts to the proper specifications.

edit2: If you really want someone to do it, Tesla rotates tires for $99 or so. Their mobile techs can go to your house, so give them the new rims and they can swap for you.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Why do you need a shop to install your rims? You can get a jack from Harbor Freight for $100 and do it yourself.

edit: just make sure to get a puck so you don't damage the bottom: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-SR-Bi...oint-Pad-Adapter-Tool-RED-Qty-4/401749485655?

Hopefully not presumptuous, curious if OP is looking for someone to mount the rubber on the rims.

agreed, DIY the wheel install itself is quite simple.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
edit2: If you really want someone to do it, Tesla rotates tires for $99 or so. Their mobile techs can go to your house, so give them the new rims and they can swap for you.
$87, which is kind of an attractive offer since the tire stores charge $70-$80 now, except for that extra few $ you don't have to deal with the tire store employees staring at your Model 3 and scratching their heads like it just came out of the shuttle bay of a space ship.

P J

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Why do you need a shop to install your rims? You can get a jack from Harbor Freight for $100 and do it yourself. It will be beneficial in the long run because you can then rotate your tires on your own, and lets you avoid shops damaging your car.

I need the tires removed from original 20" wheels, and put on the Forged wheels, I need a Tire Machine

P J

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got same question?
[mod edit - keep conversations civil please]

found a GREAT Business, WHEEL TEC, 8060 W. Waters Ave. Make Sure, "Carlos" does your Wheels very Informed, Nice Guy. I also talked to the Owner "Jon Schwartz". Give them a Shot, you Won't Regret it. Phil, USMC, Keep America Great, Oohrah

Last edited by a moderator: