Where to get tires rotated in Wisconsin/MKE area?

SwaggerWagon

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anybody know of a place that can jack up Model 3's in the MKE area? I just took mine to Costco in Grafton for tire rotation as they said they've worked on Tesla's before but they no longer work on X's due to the falcon wing doors. Thought it would be fine for the 3 but turns out they don't have jack adapters necessary for it.

Doing some research, I'm looking at buying these adapters and just keeping them in the car, then letting whatever shop I go to use them. Kind of like keeping a wheel lock key in your glovebox I suppose: http://www.reverselogic.us/tesla.html#!/Jack-Pad-for-Tesla-Model-3/p/102248217/category=28120348

I called Tesla in Highland Park where I picked up from on what shops to use in Wisconsin (they mentioned at pickup that they had partnerships with a couple different businesses so you could do normal wheel/suspension repairs without the long trip to the Tesla store) and they said they were partnered with Goodyear. Called the Goodyear in West Bend and they weren't sure what a Tesla was, so I didn't feel comfortable going with them. Maybe one more in the MKE area would work...

Just wondering what others have done, where they've gone, etc.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I see that you have Tires Plus franchises in your area. My local franchise has the appropriate jack pads and will sell lifetime rotation/balance even on tires they didn't sell.

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anybody know of a place that can jack up Model 3's in the MKE area? I just took mine to Costco in Grafton for tire rotation as they said they've worked on Tesla's before but they no longer work on X's due to the falcon wing doors. Thought it would be fine for the 3 but turns out they don't have jack adapters necessary for it.

Doing some research, I'm looking at buying these adapters and just keeping them in the car, then letting whatever shop I go to use them. Kind of like keeping a wheel lock key in your glovebox I suppose: http://www.reverselogic.us/tesla.html#!/Jack-Pad-for-Tesla-Model-3/p/102248217/category=28120348

I called Tesla in Highland Park where I picked up from on what shops to use in Wisconsin (they mentioned at pickup that they had partnerships with a couple different businesses so you could do normal wheel/suspension repairs without the long trip to the Tesla store) and they said they were partnered with Goodyear. Called the Goodyear in West Bend and they weren't sure what a Tesla was, so I didn't feel comfortable going with them. Maybe one more in the MKE area would work...

Just wondering what others have done, where they've gone, etc.
There are several model 3's in the West Bend area. (I lived there for 35 years before heading south). I have always had good luck with West Bend Tire near the movie theater. They are the Goodyear shop. I would speak to the manager. Tires are tires! Tesla is a car! The main concern is to use jack pads at the correct lift point. That is true off many cars, not just electric cars. Tires Plus is fine but I have no personal experience with the West Bend location. This is probably not necessary, but I bought 4 jack pads from www.reverselogic.us and offer their use to the tire shop.

TheTony

It happened.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agree with the points others have made here. I'd say your best bet is to start by finding a shop you trust. Buy or build your own jack pads and then bring them to that shop, if nothing else.

Ultimately, the main thing I'd be concerned about taking it to a third party shop is that they treat your car with respect and use the recommended jack points when they lift it.

I see that there's an NTB in West Bend - you could include them among the places you consider. I used their equivalent here (Big O) once, and the shop near me was easy to work with and professional. YMMV though - I'm sure it varies by store, especially when it comes to larger chains, which is why I'd defer back to the idea of working with a shop you're comfortable with. If you're comfortable with Costco, you may want to simply ask them if they do the work if you provided the jack pads.

Last edited:

SwaggerWagon

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think I'm going to stick with Costco in Grafton as they did seem very competent with Teslas in general - they just didn't have the jack pads necessary for a Model 3. My pads from Reverse Logic should be here soon, so I'm planning on just letting them use them, or any other place I go to in the future. I've been to West Bend Tire before with another car and they were fine, but I'd rather not be their first Tesla. Other than the jack pads, should be no different than any other car/tires.

Flarpl-Jr

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also recommend that you use TeslaFi or another monitoring service to watch how your car is driven while it is in service. Last shop I took mine to drove the car after swapping wheels, which is not required. When pressed on this, they said they were calibrating TPMS. They were not, the TPMS sensors were not programmed and I had to have them done by a local SC.

They were, however, pushing the pedal to the floor on the onramp because it's a P3D. My next service is free after I told them how irresponsible this is, but I doubt I'll even take it.

SwaggerWagon

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Went to NTB in West Bend. Nice guys working there, slow but only because they were understaffed, they even had a Model 3 in there already though didn't have the jack pads so let them use mine. Prices are a little more than getting tires from TireRack but that's to be expected with local place vs. onlilne, and always happy to support a local store. Don't have TeslaFi but put it on Valet Mode and Speed Limit mode, and checked position in the app from time to time but didn't need to worry, they just put it on the rack, changed the tires and I picked it up. Everything is working like a champ. Went with Michelin X-Ice, road noise is barely more than stock tires, about 20 W/mi more than stocks.