Where does TX belong?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I'm going to guess that TX belongs in this "Southwest" forum? Texas is not listed in any of the "descriptions" when you mouse over the regions. A couple of other threads for TX are here. Would a Mod please take a look and consider adding TX to the description please?

Thanks.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, well, the forums were organized by a Canadian. ;)

@TrevP, since I don't believe mods have the power of forum editing.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
So I'm going to guess that TX belongs in this "Southwest" forum? Texas is not listed in any of the "descriptions" when you mouse over the regions. A couple of other threads for TX are here. Would a Mod please take a look and consider adding TX to the description please?

Thanks.
Good point. There are currently TX-related threads in Southeast too. Where would you rather be so @TrevP can settle this...? ;)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And to make the states (abbreviations) easier to read:
This one has Maryland in Southeast, which I believe to be more correct, as it's below the mason-dixon line and therefore considered "south".

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Southwest is the appropriate geographic description most associated with TX. In the other big Tesla forum TX has it's own as CA does, but I'm just a user and truly it doesn't matter to me. I've got nothing against the other states in the region, I'm actually from OK. I would say likely there will be more Tesla's in Houston or Austin or Dallas than all the other states around combined as of this writing, but that will be changing with the more moderately priced 3 and the build out of Chargers, etc.

If I really said I thought TX should have it's own thread then well there will be those that say that is what is wrong with TX - just thinking about us, but you do have to consider it takes 12 hours or more to just drive across this state, it is kind of big. Under TX, you can almost have subforms for Houston, Austin/San Antonio, and DFW (that is what we call the combined Dallas/Ft Worth metro area.)

Thanks.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@TrevP - would you modify the description of this "Southwest" forum to add Texas please. Or give us a Forum of our own under US. We are the second most populous Tesla state I believe. I'm OK either way, it will just give us an identity and we have an identity crisis down here - NOT. :)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't find any data on it, but I would bet 10 cents that FL is ahead of WA. :)
I don't think so. but people in the NW I have found are not very much into chatting about their cars, so not as much of a presence as other places. ;)

most current total EV numbers I could find were from 2017 from CleanTechnica
total sales by state:
CA 257,937 (can't really compete with that one)
GA 25,505 (believe their very generous incentive has since ended - so you can see how these help promote EV sales!)
WA 21,647 (likewise, WA incentive ended last month)
NY 20,326
FL 20,228
TX 17,031

and per capita:
CA .7%
HI .4%
WA .3%
(they only listed the top 3 and don't provide a source that may have the rest listed)

and here's a graphic from GreenCarReport, also showing total EVs from 2016 that is in alignment with the per capita number

I can't find anything on current Tesla specific data, but previous showed WA right after CA followed by FL & TX.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't think so. but people in the NW I have found are not very much into chatting about their cars, so not as much of a presence as other places. ;)

total sales by state:
GA 25,505 (believe their very generous incentive has since ended - so you can see how these help promote EV sales!)
NY 20,326
FL 20,228
TX 17,031

and per capita:
CA .7%
HI .4%
WA .3%
(they only listed the top 3 and don't provide a source that may have the rest listed)

and here's a graphic from GreenCarReport, also showing total EVs from 2016 that is in alignment with the per capita number

I can't find anything on current Tesla specific data, but previous showed WA right after CA followed by FL & TX.
Hey get those NW stats our of our forum. We know where TX ranks. :D

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

total sales by state:
NY 20,326
FL 20,228
TX 17,031

and per capita:
CA .7%
HI .4%
WA .3%

I don't think I owe you 10 cents yet, but your reasoning is compelling.;)