Where do I find help

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was reading that Tesla's performance tires wear out faster, and are MUCH more expensive when you do change them. Cost of ownership matters to me, and I didn't want any part of that. What's more, I don't know what I'd need drag strip wheels for anyway. I'm locked in the city all week.
No. :-( They want me to pay 2k more.
I totally understand your feelings of being bamboozled. And I hope Tesla does right and you eventually get what you believed you were ordering.

But step back and take some perspective. Do you *really* want a Performance car if you're locked in the city all week? Do you feel that resale value will be significantly higher if it's a Performance model? If all else fails, you might decide either (a) it doesn't matter that much, or (b) getting a Performance version for $2K extra is a helluva deal.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, I wouldn't have even gotten AWD if I hadn't wanted performance. Is it a helluva deal? I don't know, how much SHOULD the extra cost be for unlocking a performance engine be? But yeah, in some ways I understand that the M3 performance in itself is quite a deal. If you want to get that kind of 0-60 time out of a gas guzzler like, say, a Corvette, it will cost you about 50k more. Are there many gasoline options out there where you can get close to 3 seconds under 100k?