Where are you going to take your Model 3 on your first road trip?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Do you plan on taking a road trip with your model 3?

• yes, the second I take delivery

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • yes, within the first few weeks

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • yes, within a few months

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • yes, within the first year

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • no/not any time soon

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I was sorta following along with You you Xue's road trip around the US/Canada and got to thinking about how amazing that sounds. Well not the part about letting people drive my car, but just seeing the country and enjoying the drive. I don't anticipate I'll make that serious of a trip, but wife and I were talking about doing at least a little bit of a road trip.

I'm definitely not doing any snowy places and likely won't even get the car until the spring so that won't be an issue anyway. There's always the option of road trippin' up the California coast which I've done quite a few times. Also thinking about traveling to lots of different national parks like the grand canyon, zion, and others.

Do you plan to take a road trip with your Model 3 and if so where?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nothing major here, but taking a trip to Disney. Technically for me that’s within range, but I’ll supercharge along the way.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I was sorta following along with You you Xue's road trip around the US/Canada and got to thinking about how amazing that sounds. Well not the part about letting people drive my car, but just seeing the country and enjoying the drive. I don't anticipate I'll make that serious of a trip, but wife and I were talking about doing at least a little bit of a road trip.

I'm definitely not doing any snowy places and likely won't even get the car until the spring so that won't be an issue anyway. There's always the option of road trippin' up the California coast which I've done quite a few times. Also thinking about traveling to lots of different national parks like the grand canyon, zion, and others.

Do you plan to take a road trip with your Model 3 and if so where?
I voted RIGHT AWAY! (2+ hour drive home lol)

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'd love to camp in mine at a summer festival (although I won't be getting it this summer). This was from a couple years ago at the Drangey Festival:

Iceland is really big on summer festivals out in the countryside. Just a few others I've been to:

Þjóðhátíð í Eyjum (the biggest one):

Eistnaflug, Iceland's biggest heavy metal fest, held at Neskaupsstaðir:

Bræðslan, the first festival I ever went to, held in an abandoned herring factory in the middle of nowhere (Borgarfjörður Eystri):

There's just dozens and dozens of them. Most people camp or glamp, but it'd be much more comfy in a Model 3 ;) Will definitely need inserts to block out the light, though (summer in Iceland = no real "night")

I've also been meaning to get out to Vestfirðir again some time... I have a friend out there I'd like to see, and it's been ages since I've done a proper trip around the fjörds. Some really beautiful places out there:

Austfirðir is gorgeous too... I really want to do a camping / rockhunting trip in the mountains (lots of neat zeolites / chalcedony / calcite / etc). Some places are so famous for them that they're protected (for example, the old Helgustaðir mine, which produced the optical grade calcite (Iceland Spar) that was used for a number of important scientific discoveries), but most places aren't protected. Plus, the mountains are just really pretty in general :)

I obviously won't be taking the Model 3 into the highlands. That's what my pickup will remain for ;) Last summer for example I took my dad out to Askja:

He couldn't get down into the crater with me because of a knee injury. And I don't blame him, it's very steep and slippery (you descend atop a flowing stream). Honestly, I'm amazed that anyone's allowed down in there; there's gas bubbling up all around you and it looks like you won't be able to breathe. Also, the (warm) water changes colour when you swim in it.

A megatsunami from the main crater a couple years ago washed into Viti (this side crater) a couple years ago, so you can picture how big that must have been.

But the reason I won't be driving Model 3 through the highlands is because this is what a "road" looks like in the highlands:

But the highlands are worth it :)

Really want to get out to Kerlingarfjöll some time:

You can see why I'm looking forward to Tesla making a pickup ;)

Last edited: