Where are the delivery centers?

RunCycle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And how does one find out where they are? Do you pick when you order? Do they pick for you based on your address? I'm trying to determine if a Fremont delivery or somewhere else would be best for me.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And how does one find out where they are? Do you pick when you order? Do they pick for you based on your address? I'm trying to determine if a Fremont delivery or somewhere else would be best for me.
After configuring you will enter your delivery zip code and they’ll match you up with the closest location.

LorieL

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone know where they do deliveries in Northern California? I am in the North Bay Area and I am wondering if Fremont is the only delivery center. It's pretty far from here - 2+ hours away. I'm hoping for something closer to home.

GTV6

Country
Country
Does anyone know where they do deliveries in Northern California? I am in the North Bay Area and I am wondering if Fremont is the only delivery center. It's pretty far from here - 2+ hours away. I'm hoping for something closer to home.
A Tesla 800 phone person told me some weeks ago that deliveries were being made anywhere "the service center is big enough to handle deliveries." I took that to mean the majority of service centers (?)

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For the North Bay, probably at the San Rafael Service Center?

LorieL

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I just got a call from my ISA and asked about delivery centers. She said the closest delivery center for me ( I am in the North Bay Area) is Fremont. She said it was the only delivery center for San Francisco. The next nearest is Marina Del Ray. So, I will be renting a car one way to get to Fremont next week. Somehow, I don't mind...

Country
Country
This afternoon I saw a truckload of Model 3s heading down 101 just south of San Luis Obispo. I wondered about its destination. If it were going to Marina del Rey or San Diego, wouldn't it take I5? Could they be delivering Model 3s in Santa Barbara?

By the way, my quick glance registered probably cars in silver, white, blue and red. No black or MSM. Aero wheels on maybe 2 cars, 19"s on the rest.

Simon Says

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Anyone know if they deliver in Monterey? I am a little annoyed at paying a delivery fee and paying a one way rental plus Uber to take delivery at the factory.

OrangeJulius

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Non-owner here, but I assume folks who order a Model S or Model X at a Tesla "Store" pick up their new car at that same location.

If not, where do they pick up their new S or X?

If so, why aren't/can't Model 3s be distributed in same manner at a Tesla Store? Why the need for delivery at a "distribution center"?

m3neko

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
If you take delivery in Los Angeles, Tesla literally purchased a location in Marina del Rey right off the 90, specifically for deliveries. It's a big open space inside with the cars waiting for each owner.

Here's the address for anyone interested: 4755 Alla Rd, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

RunCycle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There are probably over 10 "stores" and service centers in the greater Bay Area in California, but everyone picks up at Fremont.

C141medic

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For all NJ and surrounding state forum members. Just stopped in at the Tesla Cherry Hill, NJ store and was informed that grand opening is this Friday the 13th. They also mentioned they’re hoping to get the model 3 on display soon.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Fremont is the only place for S/X as well I believe. If they don't deliver to your door, that is.
Is home delivery of a Model 3 an option? I'm in Albuquerque and it's over 400 miles to either Phoenix or Denver. I met a 3 owner in Santa Fe who had his delivered, but he was a previous owner and it was in conjunction with a service call for his Model S. Just trying to figure out if I'm going to have to fly somewhere to pick up my car. If there is a home delivery option for me, does that mean I may have to wait longer for them to fill up a truck for my area? Still not invited yet, but I think the invitation will come by the end of the month.

RunCycle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is home delivery of a Model 3 an option? I'm in Albuquerque and it's over 400 miles to either Phoenix or Denver. I met a 3 owner in Santa Fe who had his delivered, but he was a previous owner and it was in conjunction with a service call for his Model S. Just trying to figure out if I'm going to have to fly somewhere to pick up my car. If there is a home delivery option for me, does that mean I may have to wait longer for them to fill up a truck for my area? Still not invited yet, but I think the invitation will come by the end of the month.
I'm sorry, but I don't know. Your Santa Fe story is the first I've heard of home delivery.