Where are all the new Model 3's being stored?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If Tesla is indeed producing 1000+ M3's a week, where are they all being stored before shipping? No drone flyovers of immense parking lots in Fremont? I know we'll find out soon with production numbers the first week of February, but I wonder how no one is seeing car-carriers leaving the factory day and night.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If Tesla is indeed producing 1000+ M3's a week, where are they all being stored before shipping? No drone flyovers of immense parking lots in Fremont? I know we'll find out soon with production numbers the first week of February, but I wonder how no one is seeing car-carriers leaving the factory day and night.
There are lots of pictures floating out there of piles of cars -- if it's fluid then they're going out as quickly as they come off the line and the size of the backlog in the parking lot likely doesn't look different from day to day.

Urs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Who said they are producing 1000 cars per week? The only indication was the statement that they reached a rate of 1000 per week on each separate line at one time. My interpretation of that is that each assembly sub-line reached a short burst rate of that for something like 1 hour or so; and each line at a different time than the others. :tractor:
Mu guess is that they are right now at about 700 per week, but ramping up. Perhaps they will reach 1000 sometimes in February - :rolleyes: speculation only!!! :cool:

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With deliveries going national, I actually think a lot of the cars are being shipped then stored, not the other way around.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A secret east coast warehouse, possibly near a rail yard sounds like a good theory. Any time someone in the east configures and it matches one of the cars in the warehouse... boom, instant VIN issued. Once there are enough configuration-matched cars in one region to fill a car carrier, the truck grabs them and off it goes. If nothing matches... standard 4 week wait.
Again, just a theory, but it looks feasible in my head.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A secret east coast warehouse, possibly near a rail yard sounds like a good theory. Any time someone in the east configures and it matches one of the cars in the warehouse... boom, instant VIN issued. Once there are enough configuration-matched cars in one region to fill a car carrier, the truck grabs them and off it goes. If nothing matches... standard 4 week wait.
Again, just a theory, but it looks feasible in my head.
This fits...

ahagge

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Strictly as a data point, I can tell you that there's a lot just north of Hollywood-Burbank Airport in Burbank, CA that was housing around 20 Model 3s and probably 30-40 Model S and X around the first of the year. I stopped by on the 17th and it was down to probably 5-6 Model 3s and around 20-25 Teslas in total. Not sure if they're abandoning that lot or just trying to clear inventory ASAP.

Strictly as a data point, I can tell you that there's a lot just north of Hollywood-Burbank Airport in Burbank, CA that was housing around 20 Model 3s and probably 30-40 Model S and X around the first of the year. I stopped by on the 17th and it was down to probably 5-6 Model 3s and around 20-25 Teslas in total. Not sure if they're abandoning that lot or just trying to clear inventory ASAP.

I travel on I 80 between Reno and Truckee every day and often see trucks loaded with Teslas going east. I guess so far I have missed the Model 3s! What I never see is any sign of battery packs and drive units going from the Gigafactory to Fremont. Probably in anonymous XTRA lease trailers... my next thought is how many battery packs and drive units fit in a semi? Say they build 500, 600 cars a day, that's a lot of trucks !! any thoughts?

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I travel on I 80 between Reno and Truckee every day and often see trucks loaded with Teslas going east. I guess so far I have missed the Model 3s! What I never see is any sign of battery packs and drive units going from the Gigafactory to Fremont. Probably in anonymous XTRA lease trailers... my next thought is how many battery packs and drive units fit in a semi? Say they build 500, 600 cars a day, that's a lot of trucks !! any thoughts?
The boring company made a tunnel between the Gigafactory and Fremont.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Oh hey! Looks like the 3’s are finally getting some transportation protection judging by the white wrapping! Anyone see more of these wrapped for long-distance transport?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh hey! Looks like the 3’s are finally getting some transportation protection judging by the white wrapping! Anyone see more of these wrapped for long-distance transport?
Oh, I hope so.

I've been talking to a certified Ceramic Pro installer in the area, and he said that if you can leave any car protection wrapping on the vehicle until he gets a chance to work on it, the paint correction part of the job is easier & quicker (and he charges me a little less).